AtmoWin - improvement discussion (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm about to rebuild my atmolight setup. I'd replaced about 20 broken LEDs from a set of 175 ws2812b from ebay. Each time the broken light would go red and ruin the data line after it, about 1 a week! So I tore it off and vowed to go 12v.

Back on subject, I never noticed that here. What is your first LED doing? is it working ok? at some arduino speeds, strange corruption can occur that messes the first led and ends one early. Have seen with default scripts but not my one in sig, so try that perhaps :)

Also, Have you counted your LEDs recently ;)
    Things to try:
    - try the basic sketch that lights each LED in turn, then we'll know for sure it's at the PC end of things.
    - try AmbiBox to see if problem is not there?

ega mardan

November 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Indonesia Indonesia
    hi guys!,

I have problem with Interface connection, AtmoWin can't detect arduino com that always say "Failed to open serial portcom12Failed to open serial port2 (0x2)" in this case my arduino com on com12, I have make sure it on device manager and I try uploading sketch through com12 to arduino its ok also but not on AtmoWin, speed its already match with arduino sketch

thanks for you guys that can help me for this issue!

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I have problem with Interface connection, AtmoWin can't detect arduino com that always say "Failed to open serial portcom12Failed to open serial port2 (0x2)" in this case my arduino com on com12, I have make sure it on device manager and I try uploading sketch through com12 to arduino its ok also but not on AtmoWin, speed its already match with arduino sketch
    i'm not sure i can help anymore, but try to first close all software related to the com port, like Arduino IDE ....
    it can be an conflict with it.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys!,

As far as i can remember, there is a bug in AtmoWin where you could not use any com port bigger than 9. So try changing the com port used to something lower. I had the same problem some time ago.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi guys!,

Do recall this one and did make some adjustments to this a while back (not just the offsets) so the version attached in the below post is worth a try :) :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vement-discussion.124665/page-80#post-1186709

If not please post complete AtmoWin settings, we don't really maintain it anymore but small patches are possible.
    Hyperion is slowly replacing these kind of setups but is a bit more work to setup.

Last edited:

ega mardan

November 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Indonesia Indonesia
    i'm not sure i can help anymore, but try to first close all software related to the com port, like Arduino IDE ....
    it can be an conflict with it.

thanks for your answer

As far as i can remember, there is a bug in AtmoWin where you could not use any com port bigger than 9. So try changing the com port used to something lower. I had the same problem some time ago.

yup thats right after I change my com to port 1 instead of 12 its work perfectly, just did it finally an ambilight

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this issue,

I am getting for a long time error "404 file not found" when I want to download latest AtmoWin over Media Portal Extension Manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom