ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: Rev 16504
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: Vista Business
CPU Type: AMD 3200+
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 1G
Motherboard: DFI Ultra LanParty
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 7900GS
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE
1. TV Card Type: NTSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Kworld PlusTV 120 ATSC
2. TV Card Type: ATSC and NTSC
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Indepenedent
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Tanor
Cooling:
Power Supply: 485W
Remote: Microsoft
TV: Panasonic 32LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: Component

I would like to note this card does work with TV2 but not TV3

Alright I would like to finally be able to get my tuner card to work with TV3. I am pretty new to tv3 but can fiddle around. I can not get the ATSC card to work properly, I get the famous Black Screen with audio. I have the newest build with the fix that fixed some stations ( rev 16504), so I would assume thats not my problem. I have also read on the forums I need to try the ts reader by creating useTSReader.txt in the root of the c:\ drive.... that also did not work. So I recorded a few seconds of a atsc stream... I tried to play the file with vlc and it would not even play ( no audio or video).

I have attached some logs... Let me know if those work... or any other info... THANKS

If you have problems with the client side of TVServer then post your MediaPortal, TSReader, and TV log files. Make sure they're nice and clean with no other activities involved.

Your previous TV.log showed very little so have a look at them before posting.

DMAN

No wonder why no one responded :( my bad:oops:

AH I just noticed TS reader wasnt working correctly.... Going to try that now... will upload log when done

YES tsReader fixed it.... stupid vista I didnt notice that hide file extension was on... so my file name was usetsreader.txt.txt or whatever :mad: :sorry: :D
Hi tonyscha,

Did you eventually manage to get the Kworld 120 card to work with MediaPortal on Vista? I just picked up a Geniatech X8000A, which is the same card as the Kworld 120. I haven't installed it yet, because I haven't yet built my HTPC. I just want to make sure this card will work with MediaPortal or if I should request a refund.

Thanks

Yes it works with TV2 and TV3...

When using TV3 you need to do the usTSreader.txt file under c:\

I went back to TV2 because my wife got mad at me for messing around with the computer so much :p

bobn4burton

Portal Member
December 2, 2006
Two issues...can anyone help?

1. How to switch between audio streams for ATSC? So I have a VBOX 150 card and it seems to be working pretty good. However, I've noticed that a couple of channels have audio 'problems'. For instance, one channel will sometimes have the audio with director's cut type thing going on. Or another channel seems to work ok, but the audio drops out for commercials. And then some channels just won't have audio at all for certain shows, but works fine for other shows. Do ATSC streams have multiple audio streams? Is it possible that my card is tuning to a secondary audio stream? Is there anyway to find out what stream is the main stream and how do I change this in MP?

2. More of a general issue. MP will still freeze/crash randomly when switching channels. I can change channels anywhere from 2 - 15 times before MP crashes. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Thanks VERY much for any help...

I'm using 2.3.0 RC3 BTW, with latest VBOX drivers...

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. In full screen hit F9 then choose the Audio option - you will see the number of audio streams being broadcast.

2. Not that I'm aware of. You should use the latest build of TVServer for ATSC and the release of 2.3.0 not a release candidate.

DMAN

bobn4burton

Portal Member
    December 2, 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply DMAN.

1. When I hit F9 while watching a TV channel in full screen, I get a 'TV Main' pop-up menu. But it doesn't have an audio option. It only has buttons for TV Guide, Crop Settings, Previous Window, and one more but I can't remember what it was called. But there are no options that appear to be related to audio at all????

2. I will update to the latest stable release. Also, I haven't used TV Server at all. I've just been using whatever comes with the basic MP package. Does TV Server work better for ATSC cards than the MyTV that comes with MP?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the quick reply DMAN.

1. When I hit F9 while watching a TV channel in full screen, I get a 'TV Main' pop-up menu. But it doesn't have an audio option. It only has buttons for TV Guide, Crop Settings, Previous Window, and one more but I can't remember what it was called. But there are no options that appear to be related to audio at all????

2. I will update to the latest stable release. Also, I haven't used TV Server at all. I've just been using whatever comes with the basic MP package. Does TV Server work better for ATSC cards than the MyTV that comes with MP?

1. Then only one audio stream is being broadcast at that time and hence no audio option need exist. It will appear on multi-stream broadcasts.

2. Yes it does I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. ;-)

DMAN

emnel

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Niagara Region
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    2. More of a general issue. MP will still freeze/crash randomly when switching channels. I can change channels anywhere from 2 - 15 times before MP crashes. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything we can do to fix this?

I have had this problem ever since using MP (almost a year now). I have a VBox 150 card and a Hauppauge HVR 1600 and both will crash MP after a some channel changes. I have searched endlessly for a resolution and made a few posts for help, but I do not know of a fix for TV2 engine. I think from limited testing that TVE3 (TV server) does not have the same problem. You'll have to use the new tsreader filter to get ATSC video with TVE3.

bobn4burton

Portal Member
    December 2, 2006

I have had this problem ever since using MP (almost a year now). I have a VBox 150 card and a Hauppauge HVR 1600 and both will crash MP after a some channel changes. I have searched endlessly for a resolution and made a few posts for help, but I do not know of a fix for TV2 engine. I think from limited testing that TVE3 (TV server) does not have the same problem. You'll have to use the new tsreader filter to get ATSC video with TVE3.

That would be great if TVE3 fixed this problem. It pretty much makes MP-ATSC-TV useless for anything other than recorded TV.

Any tips on how to use the tsreader filter? Is tsreader a separate download or does it come with TVE3? I haven't used TVE3 at all yet.

bobn4burton

Portal Member
    December 2, 2006
    So I did a touch more experimenting this morning. It seems that I must be getting multiple audio streams even though I don't get an audio option when pressing F9.

I tuned to my local PBS station and 'Sesame Street' was playing. During the show, I could hear the normal audio. But mixed in with the normal audio was a narrative dialogue. During parts of the show, the narration voice would just say what was happening on the screen, like "There are lights flashing behind Cookie Monster" or "The pink monster hugs the green monster", etc (not verbatim).

While watching the show, I would switch to my normal TV which has an ATSC tuner and the narration dialogue was never present.

So there has to be multiple audio streams there because I was hearing two different streams depending if I used my HTPC/VBOX/MP tuner or if I just watched the show with my TV's built in ATSC tuner.

Is there something I am missing here? I still haven't tried out TVE3 (TV server). I plan to this weekend. So this multiple audio problem is with the normal My TV built into MP.

emnel

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Niagara Region
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Any tips on how to use the tsreader filter? Is tsreader a separate download or does it come with TVE3? I haven't used TVE3 at all yet.

I just read that 0.2.3 with SVN use the tsreader by default. Not sure about 0.2.3 stable (without SVN). To use it when it is not default you have to make an empty .txt file named usetsreader.txt and place it in C:\. Read the thread "HELP US: Testing the new filter" for additional information.

I have never had multiple or wrong audio tracks as you are reporting, but when I was investigating the channel change crashing the only errors in the log had to do with the audio or sound card.

dman0285

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    Has anyone gotten a DVICO Fusion HDTV5 RT GOLD working 100%?
    I did have the card detected, after a capturecard.xml entry was added, but after upgrading to the latest stable build, from RC3, the card is no longer detected.

I'm using MP as a standalone, right now.

When I had it detected, none of the channels would tune. I'm still on analog cable, but no dice on a signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom