ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK

If you add multiple HDHomeRun units, can they be added into MP just like the single unit?

I wonder if the developers change the roadmap in the future if not connecting to a MPServer will break some features in the clients? Since it appears there is no need for a MPserver any central database (on the MPServer machine) will not exist.

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Each tuner shows as a capture device so each unit shows up as two capture devices. (See the link in my last post for a screenshot). For multiple units, TVServer will automatically detect and list them. With just MediaPortal, you would just need to add each device to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All,

For standard PCI cards the follow now work with ATSC QAM tuning...

Hauppauge HVR-1600
    Hauppauge HVR-1800
    Airstar HD5000
    AverTV MCE A180

Other BDA driver based cards may also work.

Enjoy!

DMAN

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    HD Homerun works great with TV Engine

I've been using the HDHR since early September after Jafa (the HDHR dev) updated the driver so that it would work with the MyTV 0.2 Engine. Go here to get the latest driver package for windows. It will update your driver, and also update your firmware if needed:

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Check here for additional instructions...

http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/hdhomerun/instructions/mediaportal

For those of you that idle in the MP IRC chat on freenode, there is also a HDHR related channel on that same server. Just join #hdhomerun.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Commodore 64 - I went to the silicondust instruction page and found this statement "install the latest Beyond TV software" - wouldn't that confuse a few people?

I don't know who to notify of this typo.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Commodore 64 - I went to the silicondust instruction page and found this statement "install the latest Beyond TV software" - wouldn't that confuse a few people?

I don't know who to notify of this typo.

Heh, yeah. I didn't see that...at least the link is to Mediaportal though...

I'm not sure who to notify, but I will tell Jafa, the HDHR dev...he idles in #hdhomerun which is also on the Freenode IRC server (same as Mediaportal). He will likely know who can fix it.

ruister

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Avermedia a180 mostly working...

Hi,

I have mostly gotten my a180 to work on RC3!
    I have a AMD 2800+ or 3000+.. not sure anymore, on an ecs motherboard with on-board ATI x1150 video. For over the air ATSC I use a Avermedia a180, and to tune to my directv box I use a ads tech pci deluxe tuner card. After some playing around I can get smooth crisp hdtv playback, I even got the auto-tune to work. The key steps for me were:
    Don't do anything else when auto tune is working, if it crashes - you have to reboot to do it again. I found that running the AverTV free application and watching tv with the card seemed to initialize the card...or something... and it was a bit less likely to crash while scanning. To watch hdtv I used the avermedia mpeg codec, the MainConcept AVc h.264 codec, and the DScaler audio codec. It seems to work pretty well, smooth high quality audio and video.

With one exception, in one of the channels (pbs..my favorite) I seem to get the alternative audio track with descriptive narrative and I can't turn it off....and its driving me crazy...Any ideas?

Thanks,
    -Rui

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    So bottom line, if I want to get over-the-air HDTV added to my computer, what capture card should I get? I'm looking at either the AVerMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180, or the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 currently. Will one work better/get better quality than the other, or is it just a roll of the dice at this point in development and testing?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HVR-1600 - hands down. Plus it will do QAM if you want to switch to cable in the future.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom