ATSC HDTV I GIVE UP (2 Viewers)

icepick

Portal Member
June 23, 2005
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hello all:

I've been watching MP closely for about 8 months. When I jumped on board they had ATI HDTV working! it was an awesome time to be around. About 3 weeks later, ATI HDTV lost support. I see other cards coming on line all the time, but ATI HDTV still doesn't work.

I understand it's free software, and developers get nothing more then personal pride and satisfaction for all their hard, impressive work. But pride breaks when things work, then they don't. :roll:

Running 7 simultaneous TV streams at the same time is impressive, but whats more impressive is when it can run 7 different cards from different manufacturers at the same time; That it is Shock and Awe.

Can the devs PLEASE FIX ATSC HDTV? :cry:

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    They are working hard on it. They are aware of the problem. The main problem is that there just aren't any USA based programmers offering their support to the MP project.

Stealth1971

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wouldnt give up yet - I just started using MP and really like it so far. If I can port my HD capture software for ATSC capture card (I am using the ATI card) I built it originally for SageTV - I know it works - it has MANY users. However, its not multi-HDTuner friendly right now. I will make it available as a plugin or an update when I can get it to work with MP...

Richtv

Portal Member
    April 4, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Check out WatchHDTV

As I mentioned in another thread, perhaps the MP developers could try contacting the WatchHDTV developer.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=590020&page=1&pp=30

I recently started using WatchHDTV with my HDTV Wonder while waiting to see what happens with MP. WatchHDTV now lets you specify the video and audio filter in a text file. It reportedly now works with some Fusion cards, too.

Stealth1971

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ehhh - I have tried to contact the developers here - the only way to get their attention is to submit changes and get their respect. (Frodo seems to be bit short in reponses to people -at least from what I have read - so that makes me a bit aprehensive in helping :? ) This package (MP) has 80% of the needed functionality. So adding (well really fixing or replacing - since there is some minimal support) the ATSC viewing/recording functionality would be minimal. Again, I had over 400+ users of my SageTV plugin so its a matter of changing some of the plumbing to work with MP.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Stealth - Won't you be using your (I think) classic avatar on this forum?

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Stealth: Please join the #mediaportal on IRC. I've seen Frodo and other devs there and they are nothing, if not very nice and responsive.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Re: Check out WatchHDTV

Richtv said:
    As I mentioned in another thread, perhaps the MP developers could try contacting the WatchHDTV developer.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=590020&page=1&pp=30

I recently started using WatchHDTV with my HDTV Wonder while waiting to see what happens with MP. WatchHDTV now lets you specify the video and audio filter in a text file. It reportedly now works with some Fusion cards, too.

Rich, I've contacted the WatchHDTV creator. He is not interested in helping the Media Portal effort.

I also use WatchHDTV at the moment for my Avermedia A180 card..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom