ATSC with Rotor Based antenna (1 Viewer)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
Anybody using MP with a roof based antenna that has a rotor on it? Basically from my location I can pick up three major cities with my roof top antenna, but I need to change the aim of the antenna when I change stations. The Rotor controls now have a Infrared remote interface on them that you can either enter a channel number (that is then programmed within the unit to a direction) or a direction in degrees. I would like to automatic the movement of the antenna with the change of a channel within the tv server,
so that the antenna is always pointing to the station that I am watching or recording (Lets assume single tuner for now, with dual there would need to be some sort of prioritizing). Is there a way to get the TV server to use a MCE blaster to blast out a number for each channel? Ex if I select channel 9, I would need it to blast 120, whereas channel 4 would be 144, and channel 7 would be 210 (just making numbers up)

Also how do I dead with the no signal timeout. the rotor would at worst case take 60 seconds to move to the correct location.

Any Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom