audio but no video...just black screen (1 Viewer)

Augiedoggy

Portal Member
September 24, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: tv server 3 (10/3/2007 build)
MediaPortal Version: latest (also downloaded yesterday
MediaPortal Skin: default and wide screen version
Windows Version:xp pro spk2
CPU Type: x2 4200
HDD: ide hitachi 160gb
Memory: 1gig ddr2-800 dual channel
Motherboard: foxconn
Motherboard Chipset: amd 690?
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: eah2400pro (asus)
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: onboard realtec 6 channel
Sound Card AC3: ac3filter
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: fusion 2 atsc,
1. TV Card Type: atsc
1. TV Card Driver: lastest as of 10/2.2007
2. TV Card: twinhan 1020a
2. TV Card Type: dvb-s
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: tried cyberlink pdvd7 and dscaler, ati,nividia,divco
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ac3filter,cyblink pdvd7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: ota,fta
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: 400w
Remote: mce,and ati allin wonder
TV: optoma hd70 (720p dlp projector)
TV - HTPC Connection: vga

after installing tvserver engine 3 last night I get no video but I do get audio and both cards scanned channels....I have tried many decoders. with the same results just black screen....even when tring to preview from the tvserver config menu. Any ideas?

thanks, Tim

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    have you tried DXVA (hardware Accel) turned OFF. I have this to be a problem on ATI based cards if it is turned on.

Augiedoggy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Are you trying to watch over the air HD channels? TV3 hasn't worked for single seat US OTA HD for a long time now.

well thats great.....doesnt that eliminate half the applications.....so it won't pass a hd mpeg 2 stream?........is their any way I can get it to work on the same pc the card is in?

Augiedoggy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    well thanks for telling me it doesnt work....i did however go on to get my dvb-s card running....oh well can't have everything.

bungee91

Portal Member
    September 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I had the same problem but got it resolved by using tsreader instead of tsfilesource.
    See this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/help_us_testing_new_filter-t24998.html

I am VERY new to all of this (hence my first post) but after making that change my tuner (Avermedia M780 Combo PCI-E) now tunes OTA with video. Quite frustrating and still seems a bit buggy but it is working. Also using TV3 with latest SVN, but on a Nvidia 8600

Hope it helps
    Regards

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Das Hoosier State
    Home Country
    Are you trying to watch over the air HD channels? TV3 hasn't worked for single seat US OTA HD for a long time now.

That is not entirely true. I've been using TV3 and watching over the air ATSC channels on a single seat just fine for a couple months now. Just have to enable TS Reader and everything is cool. There have also been some improvements for QAM, but can't tell you much more than that since we have no access to QAM here.

I have a problem yet with recorded ATSC channels, but as far as watching live ATSC, the TV3 does work. I don't remember the exact build, but I think it was sometime early August.

bungee91

Portal Member
    September 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hmmm
    Well I am using the current snapshot and build and OTA ATSC is working, but I certainly have had some issues with it I wish I could get hammered out!
    I see that a lot of people are having problems with it, so I know I am not the only one but atleast it is possible in some way (probably a couple of headaches involved in the process).
    Mine stopped working tonight as I was messing with codecs and then it all just kind of went to hell so to speak.
    After reinstalling it seems to be working again, using some odd codec (not sure not sitting there now) but I believe I was using ffdshow before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom