Audio but no video most DVBS2 channels (1 Viewer)

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi all and merry xmas :) Guess some of you are still nursing hangovers, but if any of the panel have a moment to look at this I would be grateful

I have been using Media Portal 1 for some years now; its exclusively used for watching Satellite TV (UK Freesat). Its also used to watch some IPTV channels as well. Usually works fine.

I recently tried an upgrade to MP 2 (v 2.1.3), but am having an issue. I did a complete removal of the old MP installation but not a re-install of windows

The issue is – more than half of the satellite channels show audio but no video in the preview or in the TV client. Ive seen some old forum entries that say it’s a codec issue and others that say it’s a video renderer issue, but nothing that looked like a solution for me.

I can get some channels to display (eg BBCOne HD, Channel4 HD), but most are audio only

This is my setup –

Proc = AMD FX4300 3.8ghz
RAM = 16 GB
Video Card = AMD R7240 4GB
Windows = v10 Home
Media Portal = v2.1.3. Server and Client on same PC
DVB Card = TBS 6922 DVBS/S2 BDA Tuner

Can supply more details or logs as required

Any help gratefully received

Regards

Mark

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Have you checked that all codecs are set to LAV in the settings? Often codec packs are the root cause, perhaps you can also clean those up, if you installed them once.
    Do you see a difference between SD and HD channels? As some are working it seems that e.g. only Mpeg2 encoded channels are related.

In case it’s still not working, please also upload the log files.

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Repro'd the issue again - log collector outputs attached. Hopefully I have done it correctly

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Have you checked that all codecs are set to LAV in the settings? Often codec packs are the root cause, perhaps you can also clean those up, if you installed them once.
    Do you see a difference between SD and HD channels? As some are working it seems that e.g. only Mpeg2 encoded channels are related.

In case it’s still not working, please also upload the log files.

Thanks for your reply

It only seems to affect SD (eg Aljazeera HD is fine, Aljazeera SD shows the issue)

Just checked the codecs - MP2 and MP4 are both set to LAV

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Your logs don't show any attempt to play Al Jazeera, neither in HD nor SD.

Open the LAV Video Configuration and verify that the "SD" is ticked under 'Resolutions'.

I definitely viewed both channels in the TV Server Config. However, in case I did something wrong I have deleted the logs .zip and re-generated it. This is what I have just done

Opened TV Server Config

Navigated to TV Channels/ Channels

Previewed Al Jazeera Eng – audio, but no video

Previewed Al Jazeera HD – both audio and video

Opened MP2 Log Collector

A fresh copy of the logs is attached

Ive been into Lav Video Config. SD, HD and UHD are all checked, but are greyed out. Hardware Decoder is set to “None”

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    There is not enough log created in the TV Server config. Try to play the channel in the MediaPortal client before collecting fresh logs.

Ive just tried to go into the client - film 4 in sd was audio but no video. First HD station i could find on the unsorted list was BBC 1 HD - - nothing just a gray screen. Tried the next one BBC 2 HD - spinning dots and seemed to hang. End ed up killing it in task manager. Did notice 1 thing though - it said "32bit" in the process name - have i got the wrong version ?

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    There is not enough log created in the TV Server config. Try to play the channel in the MediaPortal client before collecting fresh logs.

Ordered the list in TV Config then tried again

Navigated to Al Jazeera Eng – audio but no video. Then tried the next channel Al Jazeera HD – gray screen and spinning dots. Had to kill “MediaPortal 2 (32bit)” in task manager.

Went back into TV config and tried the same channels. SD – audio, no video. HD – plays fine, audio and video

Fresh logs attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom