Audio but no video most DVBS2 channels (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it said "32bit" in the process name - have i got the wrong version ?
    No. MediaPortal is a 86x application.

I don't see any errors logged in MP.. The server process is correctly tuning and starting the stream. Therefore I rather suspect that MP2 had a hickup when installing. Try a repair install by relaunching the setup.exe and give it another go. If issues persist, we need to verify your TV card. Yet I understand that the same card is working under MP1, correct?

EDIT: Actually that can't be the problem since HD is playing fine.

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    No. MediaPortal is a 86x application.

I don't see any errors logged in MP.. The server process is correctly tuning and starting the stream. Therefore I rather suspect that MP2 had a hickup when installing. Try a repair install by relaunching the setup.exe and give it another go. If issues persist, we need to verify your TV card. Yet I understand that the same card is working under MP1, correct?

EDIT: Actually that can't be the problem since HD is playing fine.

Ok, I'll give that a try later this evening.

The TBS card - yes it worked fine with MP1 and yes the hd does work in preview

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TBS card - yes it worked fine with MP1
    The MP2 installation is not affecting the functionality of the tuner - if you were able to watch SD channels under MP1, it should also work in MP2, especially while previewing in the TV Config part.

Which MP1 version were you using before installing MP 2.1.3?

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    The MP2 installation is not affecting the functionality of the tuner - if you were able to watch SD channels under MP1, it should also work in MP2, especially while previewing in the TV Config part.

Which MP1 version were you using before installing MP 2.1.3?

Im not sure, it was installed about 2 years ago unless it was auto updated in the meantime.

Ive done the repair install and its the same. SD doesn't work in preview but hd does. Nothing works in client, although its reading the channel list and loading the logos.

In the circumstances, I think Im going to do a complete remove and revert to MP1 for now. To be honest, the only reason I have MP is because msoft dropped Media Centre when I upgraded from 7 to 10 and Im too mean to pay for a humax box ;-)

Thanks for your help so far, but I think we can now close this log

Cheers and have a good new year :)

Mark Minogue

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Fair enough, Im going to do that tonight - I'll let you know the result if you want to keep the thread open

Oh ye of little faith ....

I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.18.0_Final and Its working fine thanks :)

Attachments

• Screendump.jpg
      Screendump.jpg
      332.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom