Audio Delay Option stuttering issue (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've thought about doing something like that, but I'd prefer to do something 'automatic' that would work for other decoders/renderers as well (just haven't thought of a way to do it yet ;))

@Eggert - attached is a new version of TsReader.ax, with automatic handling of the audio delay compensation - could you give it a try please ?

(No need to change any registry settings - just replace the current TsReader with it)
    Please let me know when I should create an updated NuGet package. Should I try the new version inside MP2?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've thought about doing something like that, but I'd prefer to do something 'automatic' that would work for other decoders/renderers as well (just haven't thought of a way to do it yet ;))

@Eggert - attached is a new version of TsReader.ax, with automatic handling of the audio delay compensation - could you give it a try please ?

(No need to change any registry settings - just replace the current TsReader with it)
    Please let me know when I should create an updated NuGet package. Should I try the new version inside MP2?

It should work OK in MP2 (so please try it).

There is a small problem with it I know of, so you might want to hold off packaging it for MP2 at the moment, but it's up to you really - if you are happy with it that's fine with me :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a small problem with it I know of, so you might want to hold off packaging it for MP2 at the moment, but it's up to you really - if you are happy with it that's fine with me :)
    I have this TsReader build running for some weeks now. I have some random stalls at beginning of playback and some sync issues that I could solve by seek back/forward. I'm not sure if the problems come from this build, but I will try to bundled one in next days.

There is a small problem with it I know of, so you might want to hold off packaging it for MP2 at the moment, but it's up to you really - if you are happy with it that's fine with me
    Did you make more changes?

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Owlsroost,

I just wanted to let you know that I updated my MP from 1.0.8 to 1.0.12 today and had the stuttering issue again even with a 50ms delay setting.
    I replaced the TsReader.ax with the file you posted here and it again fixed the issue.
    Has the fix not been implemented into the actual TsReader.ax version?

Thanks!
    Eggert

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Owlsroost,

I just wanted to let you know that I updated my MP from 1.0.8 to 1.0.12 today and had the stuttering issue again even with a 50ms delay setting.
    I replaced the TsReader.ax with the file you posted here and it again fixed the issue.
    Has the fix not been implemented into the actual TsReader.ax version?

Thanks!
    Eggert

No, it hasn't yet (for various reasons).

The v3.x.x.x versions of TsReader are not compatible with MP 1.11 and later versions - they may work but it's just luck...

The latest dev version of TsReader for MP 1.12 (v4.1.0.15) is linked from the post here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tv-playback-rate-matching-for-testing.130394/

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi,

I updated to 4.1.0.15 now. Thanks for the hint. No stuttering issue. Great, thanks! :)

Eggert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom