Audio issues with MKV Playback in MP2.1.3 (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have issues when I playback mkv files in MP2.1.3.
    The mkv files are created eather with MakeMKV as rips from DVD or BD with DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1, or created with VideoReDo from wtv (WMC SD and HD recordings) files without transcoding (except for the cuts).
    The files play fine with VLC player.
    But when I play them in MP2 on the same machine, I only hear sound from the center speaker (5.1 audio system is connected via toslink, Realtek onboard audio)
    I tried switching from LAV to MS video codecs and tried some different splitter options, but this does not make any difference.
    Sound in live TV in MP2 is also fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong here, or what I can try?

OS is WIn10x64 Fall Creators update, a relatively fresh install, where no other Software was installed before.
    MP2 isalso installed fresh, no other version was installed before.

Thanks in advance,
    Reinhard.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just realized, that I gave a “creative” rating for previous post. I never did that :confused: perhaps wrong click on mobile phone ...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you not pass the audio directly to receiver via HMDI? I understood you use onboard 5.1. I did that also once and had only trouble.
    As the codec makes no difference you could try to change the device in settings or install another driver. With Windows 10 MS found a way to kill drivers with every update, it’s worse than all things they did earlier ...

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just realized, that I gave a “creative” rating for previous post. I never did that :confused: perhaps wrong click on mobile phone ...
    And I was wondering what you ment :)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next step is to pass Audio to TV via HDMI, and then from TV to receiver by TosLink, because for some reason my TV does not accept my receiver as Audio target via HDMI, even I used the ACR port on both !? 2nd TosLink cable is already on my desk, just need some time again.

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I switched from PC/realtek->TosLink->Receiver
    to PC->HMDI->TV->TosLink->Receiver and now sound works as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom