Audio loss (1 Viewer)

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hope this is the right forum for this but...

Im connected from my win7 HTPC box via HDMI, when I pause TV I lose sound, cycle the amp, sound comes back. The codecs Im using are the Microsoft ones. Through reading in the forums I understand there is some craziness with windows monitor detection where it sends a monitor shutdown event, switches off the HDMI audio hence the loss. If this assumption is correct then

1. Should I fix now
    2. Wait for MP 1x to be supported on Win 8m that I can get on TechNet in a couple of weeks

So to help me make this decision does anyone know
    1. Does the monitor shut event get better handled in Win8, this being the case
    2. Don't suppose, and I believe it a slightly sore subject, any ideas on time frames for MP and Win8, if it was likely to be a couple of months Id try and fix it now

TIA

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hope this is the right forum for this but...

Im connected from my win7 HTPC box via HDMI, when I pause TV I lose sound, cycle the amp, sound comes back. The codecs Im using are the Microsoft ones. Through reading in the forums I understand there is some craziness with windows monitor detection where it sends a monitor shutdown event, switches off the HDMI audio hence the loss. If this assumption is correct then

1. Should I fix now
    2. Wait for MP 1x to be supported on Win 8m that I can get on TechNet in a couple of weeks

So to help me make this decision does anyone know
    1. Does the monitor shut event get better handled in Win8, this being the case
    2. Don't suppose, and I believe it a slightly sore subject, any ideas on time frames for MP and Win8, if it was likely to be a couple of months Id try and fix it now

TIA

If your Amp loses sound over HDMI it also could be a driver issue. Are you using Catalyst Control Center 12.6?

Resolved issues there:
    • Disabled HDMI audio when the connected HDTV is powered Off/On.

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for your reply. No I dont have catalyst control centre, graphics are provided from the HD4000 chip and the driver is the intel HD graphics, Im running win7 64 bit and sound comes from the intel hd audio driver

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom