[solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing (1 Viewer)

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,
I have recently switched from MP1 to MP2 and finding a few anomalies:

When I play a tv show in the Series, I often find MP2 crashes, I have to reload about 2 times before it plays the file without issues
Often just be MP2 crashes the audio of the file is played twice with a slight delay. On rare occasions I can stop playback (without crashing) play the file again and it appears the audio track is being played multiple times again.

I have done a clean reinstall of MP2.2 last night, which initially seemed to appear the TV Shows issue was fixed but then today under Movies, I had the kids watching Ice Age 5 at 2/3 into the film it suddenly stopped as though it was at the end, it was flagged as completely watched (file works fine in VLC to the end).

There has never been issues with watching TV.

Attached are the logs from client and server (as i run multiseat) before and after I have reinstalled MP2.2

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-08-19.49.29 CLIENT.zip
    272.3 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-10-16.56.57 SERVER.zip
    4.6 MB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-16- 14.21.56 CLIENT.zip
    138.7 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-16-14.24.52 SERVER.zip
    5 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I often find MP2 crashes
    The client event log show always the same .NET error, the last time yesterday at 23:16. Unfortunately the corresponding client log (client.3.log) was taken at INFO level, hence nothing is logged. What I don't understand is that the server log is in DEBUG and I wonder how you achieved that.

Please set log level to DEBUG from the client settings menu. When the client crashes, collect client logs and upload it here.

The .Net errors could indicate a problem of your Windows installation, but that's mere guessing without a log.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @HTPCSourcer

I have adjusted the log level to DEBUG and have replicated the same error and attached the new logs.

Cheers!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-16-23.16.56.zip
      251.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the log.

The last crash occurred at 23:15:49. However, the log is not telling much, but the event log does. The .Net error is
    The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 6C63A0F1 (6C590000) with exit code 80131506.
    The issue might be due to faulty Microsoft .NET 4 updates.

You could try to repair your .NET setup by removing and reinstalling it:
    1. Download .NET CleanUp tool and clean the existing .NET 4 installation
    2. Restart the client PC
    3. Run the MP2 setup again and do a repair installation: this should download and install any missing .NET component

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One more thing: MP2 runs with .Net 4.7, so I wonder why the crash reports version 4.0

Windows 10 runs . NET 4.7, which supports also 4.0 applications. So I assume that your .NET is corrupted.

Last edited:

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have repaired the .NET by uninstalling/reinstalling using the Cleanup tool and reinstall MP2.2.

However I am now running into further issues of crashing at start up, I have attached screenshot of errors and logs.

I can run MP2 as administrator and it doesn't crash. But is a pain with the dialogue boxes. And the files play fine.

Attachments

• error 1.png
      error 1.png
      145.2 KB
    • error 2.png
      error 2.png
      117.7 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-17-12.32.11.zip
      488.6 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-19-18.56.12.zip
      1.2 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can run MP2 as administrator and it doesn't crash. But is a pain with the dialogue boxes. And the files play fine.
    Right mouse click on the desktop shortcut of MP2 --> advanced --> start as admin
    Now you don't have a dialog every time. Anyhow it's better to understand why you have these problems.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can there be a Windows restricted rights problem from the Internet blocking function?

@cladinshadows85 , when you downloaded the zipped installer, did you explicitely tick 'Allow access' in the file properties? If not, you may want to do a test:

Uninstall MP2 from the apps section.
    Download the MP 2.2 once again and check the file properties before you unpack. Tick the "Allow" box
    Unpack and launch the installer as normal user

Your configurations and files remain untouched and you will be at the same place as before.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just an update,

indicate a problem of your Windows installation
    You were right on this one, after a fresh install of Windows 10 and MP2.2, all issues are resolved.

Thanks for your support @HTPCSourcer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom