[fixed] audio render wont save selection in config / crashes client (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    when i select the audio renderer "Default audio renderer" it wont save my selection. Cybrlink saved and the bottom 2 samsung options save..but the "defaul directsound"does not.

i have an error in my log files possibly about this also :

it seems that mp2 runs fine..but i get a "Mediaportal2 has stopped working" error message when i play a video of any kind - also slimtv client over LAN(multiseat to client in other room) works great... just this annoying message appears
    i can ignore it..but clearly some kind of bug

Attachments

• audiorenderer.jpg
      audiorenderer.jpg
      132.8 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for reporting.

Please try the attached file, it should solve the issues I've found from log.

Extract it to MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers, test and please give feedback

Attachments

• VideoPlayers_Fix_CodecInfo_NRE.7z
      44.3 KB

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    alright!
    thanks for that.. it no longer gives the crash "Mediaportal has stopped working"

as for the renderer selection.. it hasnt changed.. audio plays all works as it should .. maybe it "auto-re-selects" the actual renderer device instead of just "default" which doesnt often change.. i understand the idea behind it its just a little odd from one point of view
    it doesnt need "fixing"

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't understand exactly the second part:

Is the selection not properly saved? Or is the saved audio rendered not used in the actual playback graph? Please check with graphstudio/graphedit the playing MP2 graph if your preferred renderer is used.

I tested this already and it worked for me (i.e. I experimented with MPAudioRenderer, which I cannot recommend a.t.m. for MP2 usage!)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK let me explain what i mean.
    When i open the audio renderer selection under "Settings" .. it looks as per the screenshot above(Samsung 0-Nvidia High Definition audio).
    When i look in my system sound settings(in Win7) it shows the deafult is the "Digital Audio SP/DIF". My TV is a Samsung so thats where that comes from, even though i have only a DVI-D connection to it and it shouldnt be be feeding sound to/from the TV. I believe my Nvidia GT430 graphics card has an audio device also(which im not using). In the end its all good but a little confusing.
    This is all good and works over spdif as it should. Its 100% working =)

When i change the selection in the MP2 settings Audio renderer screen to "Default" .. it does not save the "Default" selection i made. It remains as the Samsung 0-Nvidia High Definition audio. The reason i bring it up is because MP1 behaves differently. If you select "Default" it is saved as "default".

MP2 seems to jump over the "Default" device and right to the actual device (which in this case turns out to be the correct device i wanted.

OK now that ive explained it im even more confused. BUT dont worry its all working and no longer crashing thanks to your attached file in this thread (
    VideoPlayers_Fix_CodecInfo_NRE.7z)

As for the graph - the SP/DIF (motherboard output is used), which is not the audio render selected in the "prefered audio renderer" settings screen - however i have a feeling that due to the Nvidia GT430 graphics card i have although its disabled in the nvidia control panel (which has HDMI out[so it could possibly include sound), is causing some type of selection glitch. Its there but tis disabled and possibly why it crashed?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just checked the code again and tested this:

I have an audio renderer that cannot be added to dshow graphs (something Cyberlink...), neither in graphstudio nor in MP2. I can select this filter in codec selection, it's CLSID and name is stored properly to settings. When re-entering the settings, my selection is marked.

Now I try to playback a video: the renderer is tried to add to graph, this fails (=no audio renderer in graph). when the output pins get rendered, the default audio render is added automatically. "Default" in this case means "Default direct sound device".

So I think everything works correctly. I'll push the fix from above and set this thread to "fixed".

thanks for reporting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom