Audio Renderer Changer | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Thor2605, May 19, 2010.

1. Thor2605
    • Premium Supporter

Thor2605 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: Audio Renderer Changer

Sorry but I don't have the arc-soft and don't know if there is the ability to change the mixing with registry...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Miranda

Miranda Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    I will install this plugin tonight.

I was wondering if the audio renderer can also be change while playing music?

4. Miranda

Miranda Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Wonderfull plugin! :D

It can not change the audio renderer in music but this functionality maybe needed to be operational in MediaPortal first.

I have a question, I change the audio renderer through my keyboard but is it also possible through a remote?
    I didn't find a way to do this with my ATI remote :(

5. Thor2605
    • Premium Supporter

Thor2605 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Sorry but only a keystroke is supported!

I tried with windows messages, but then other plugins don't work anymore...

Music isn't possible, because there is the Bass-enginge used an I don't get any access to the graph!

6. ettore.b
    • Premium Supporter

ettore.b MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    First of all: greath work!!!!!
    I'm trying to switch the audio between AVreceiver (with toslink) and TV-direct (with HDMI) and this does the job!!!

I guess the reg part is not working for me: I'd like to use it to activate/deactivate the SPDIF pass trough in ffdshow
    reg files are OK, if I launch them in windows ffdshow audio actially changes the settong, but whe I switch the renderer with the keystrok, nothing changes.... maybe I'm doing something wrong.....

thanks again

BR

ettore

7. Thor2605
    • Premium Supporter

Thor2605 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

New Version availible in first post!

8. Thor2605
    • Premium Supporter

Thor2605 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Another new version availible!

+ Now ffdshow audio decoder works with changing the regkey (UAC messages have to be turned off!)
    + OSD about the new renderer

9. trepamuros

trepamuros Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Hello,

Plugin works as expected. I would be very useful for me if I could activate it with my original MCE remote.

Is there *any* way to assign the plugin hotkey to a remote button?

Seems that it is not possible on the MP configuration, and I tested the Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin with no luck.

10. Thor2605
    • Premium Supporter

Thor2605 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Of course!

Generic Input Plugin works... The shortcut you have defined in MP-Config ist nothing ohter than the other keys of MP like channel up/down, guide, info, play, stop..........

11. trepamuros

trepamuros Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Can't assign the hotkey to a remote button.

Seems like my original Microsoft MCE remote doesn't send emulated keystrokes, so I can't map a key on the remote.
    Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin doesn't work, as ARC window ID (6996) is not listed on the "window" or "action" lists.

Hope MePo will integrate this wonderful plugin in the future. Until then, I'll have to use the keyboard to activate it, which limits its potential. Anyway, I love it and I think it's a must have for those who use SPDIF and want to switch to HDMI sometimes.

Let me add something about the plugin:

I set "PREFER AC3" as True for Default Directsound device (which is SPDIF for me), and False for HDMI. I think these settings should force automatically SPDIF when AC3 is detected, but doesn't work as expected: The previously selected device is used (i.e., if I switch to HDMI and later play an AC3 track, HDMI is used, not SPDIF).

So, I think the plugin could contain a setting which allow to force an audio renderer when AC3 is detected, somewhat like this:

Force renderer if AC3: [default/device#1/device#2/...]

If set to "default", the plugin would use the currently selected renderer. Otherwise it will use the selected one.

That would be absolutely fantastic. Options are infinite: "Force if MP3", "Force if DTS"...

In addition, I would like to get a more comprehensive OSD when toggles the renderer. Currently, only the name of the renderer is shown. Would be good that shows: "Audio renderer changed to: [device]". Even better, let the users to use aliases for their renderers so the OSD could show: "Audio renderer changed to: TV SOUND" or "Audio renderer changed to: A/V RECEIVER".

I'm here for what I could help, mostly translation if necessary.

Regards,

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!