• Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for late answer ...

The log is in the MePo log directory.
    It is named AudioRenderChanger.log

I have attached my one.

I think that something with the trigger of the change routine is not correct at your side if the log is not there.

pACE

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm, I don't have that file on my system. Do you know if it is created when you do the switch or should it exist even before?
    What could cause this on my system? Could it be any other (audio control panel) software running causing the issue? Will have to try to running MP in a more "clean" state to see if it works then.

pACE

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just tried with killing all unnecessary processes but still the same issue that nothing happens. Configured the Bass-player part to see if the Music section would work but no luck there either. And no log file is created in the logs directory.

sspagnol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have mediaportal 1.3.0 installed and using ARC 0.9 I can get the audio to change between my hdmi (to tv) and optical out (to receiver) while watching tv or a video. But it just doesn't work for music (bass player). Any suggestions? Or alternate means of achieving audio switching?

Falk73

Portal Member
    March 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For those who have problem to switch from HDMI to Optical (Spdif)

After updating to MP version 1.3 and ARC to 0.9 i cant switch from hdmi to Spdif, i tried several thinks written in this forum, but nothing could help,
    Now recognized that in the Win7 volumecontrol SPDIF was complettly down, so i started MP in windowed mode and switched to full volume in the w-volumecontrol.

(Hope i could help somebody)

NOW IT SWITCHED AS BEFORE UPDATING (y)

MANYYY thx for this plugin to the developers, :D

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have tested new MePo features.
    • The music player rework with WASAPI support
    • The MePo audio renderer
    For both features the ARC plugin does not work.

When using WASAPI the configured action in ARC does not switch the renderers.

The MePo audio renderer has the possibility to change the speaker output in it's own configuration. Is it possible to add a trigger to change this within ARC?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bad news:
    I have tested ARC with the arriving 1.40 release.
    The plugin itself is working for the legathy features (No MPAR, no new music features)

But:
    It is not possible to open the config anymore. It leads to a crash of the MePo config tool.
    The MePo developers told me that the plugin has to be compiled against the new bass dlls.

sspagnol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks megahorst for doing some research on this topic.

Is the source code available to even attempt a recompile?

Haven't checked to see if there is a feature request for developers (MePo / MPAR) to add this functionality (change audio end point device using keyboard/remote shortcut).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom