Audio Renderer Changer (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks megahorst for doing some research on this topic.

Is the source code available to even attempt a recompile?

Haven't checked to see if there is a feature request for developers (MePo / MPAR) to add this functionality (change audio end point device using keyboard/remote shortcut).

I made a improvement suggestion for this:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-an-action-to-change-the-audio-device.118565/

It does not seem that it will be implemented.
    But @tourettes gave a hint that could be implemented in ARC.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry the source is not available to everyone and won't be in the near future!

But I now found time to make the V0.9 compatible to MePo 1.4...

Attachments

• ARC - V0.9.0 1.4pre.zip
      26.2 KB

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi togheter,

I have two challenges with ARC:

I want to change settings via remote controll which is not function and I don't know why. I use a medion X10 and I want to put switching command on the "aquire image" button Waht I have to do?
    Can anybody tell me about ffdshow reg file where only audio preset 1 is switched (normal) to audio preset 2 (bitstream settings).

Many Thanks
    JuRo

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Sorry the source is not available to everyone and won't be in the near future!

Maybe it should :)

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLAndPlugins

If a program released under the GPL uses plug-ins, what are the requirements for the licenses of a plug-in?

It depends on how the program invokes its plug-ins. If the program uses fork and exec to invoke plug-ins, then the plug-ins are separate programs, so the license for the main program makes no requirements for them.

If the program dynamically links plug-ins, and they make function calls to each other and share data structures, we believe they form a single program, which must be treated as an extension of both the main program and the plug-ins. This means the plug-ins must be released under the GPL or a GPL-compatible free software license, and that the terms of the GPL must be followed when those plug-ins are distributed.

If the program dynamically links plug-ins, but the communication between them is limited to invoking the ‘main’ function of the plug-in with some options and waiting for it to return, that is a borderline case.

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi togheter,

I have two challenges with ARC:

I want to change settings via remote controll which is not function and I don't know why. I use a medion X10 and I want to put switching command on the "aquire image" button Waht I have to do?
    Can anybody tell me about ffdshow reg file where only audio preset 1 is switched (normal) to audio preset 2 (bitstream settings).

Many Thanks
    JuRo

There is no need to use ARC Iwill use a batch in combination with multishortcut, which I can put on my remote without any problem

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just updated from MP 1.3 to MP 1.4 final. also updated arc to ARC - V0.9.0 1.4pre. but it seems arc doesnt work with MP 1.4 Final. its very sad because arc is one of the most important plugins for me.

@Thor2605: will there be an updated version of arc? many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any news?

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After a lot of time using MP, I discovered ARC to listen MP3 without turning on my TV. But when I upgraded to MP 1.4, it stopped working.

Will be a MP 1.4 compatible version soon? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom