1.30.0 Audio stuck in loop on resuming paused TV (1 Viewer)

IllustriousGuru

Portal Member
August 4, 2022
Home Country
Australia Australia
Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of yet I haven't been able to work out what causes it. The only thing I can do is press Stop and lose all the paused TV. I'm running on Windows 11 with a 12th gen Core i5 and 16GB RAM. Timeshifting was stored on a mechanical secondary drive, I then shifted it to the boot drive, which is an M.2 SSD but it still occurred there, so it's not a disk issue

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop.
    I don't know the problem might be, but...

One way to extricate yourself from this state without pressing STOP might be to use the skip buttons on the remote control. So try skip backwards, and then skip forwards. Another way would be to enter four numeric digits. These represent a time offset from the start of the file. When you enter the fourth digit, MP will skip to that time from the start of the file.

I don't know whether these suggestions will work, but possibly worth trying?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

IllustriousGuru

Portal Member
    August 4, 2022
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, I'll try that next time it happens. Would like to find out what causes it, never happened on my old system

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom