Audio suddenly stopped working and now even reboot/power-down won't restore it

Discussion in 'Watch / Listen Media' started by Daniel Earwicker, April 10, 2015.

1. Daniel Earwicker

Daniel Earwicker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I got MediaPortal working very nicely on Win 8.1, single machine setup, playing video files and also Live TV in HD (UK Freeview). Everything was great and then suddenly while I was watching a TV show as it was recording, I was navigating back and forth through the buffered recording, and then...

... suddenly the audio went silent. Everything else still working, TV live picture still there.

I tried closing and reopening the MediaPortal client. No still no sound when I open live TV or a recording, or play an .mp4 video that was working moments before.

I tried rebooting. Didn't bring back audio.

I tried shutting down, unplugging power, restarting. No good.

Volume control in Media Portal is at 100%. Also Windows system sounds can be heard just fine.

So it's as if something has been stored persistently in the configuration of Media Portal, causing audio to be silent. And this happened suddenly while I was watching a TV show that was being recorded at the same time.

Any clues? It looked so good, now it's a lame duck.

UPDATE: NextPVR is working fine, as is Kodi using NextPVR as backend, so I'm using that instead.

Last edited: April 10, 2015
    • Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,083 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Try changing audio renderer in the codec section. Are you using MediaPortal renderer or the default Windows one?

Emph

4. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,202 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and please try pressing the "m" key to toggle MP's mute on/off.

5. Nosher

Nosher Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I had this a while ago and this worked for me. Press the Windows key so the task bar appear. Right click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Volume Mixer. You should see that MediaPortal has an entry which may well be muted as mine was. Untick Mute - proble solved ! (I hope)

Oops, just noticed this thread was posted a year ago...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!