Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
tomtom21000: Timezone is correct at last.fm... But maybe everything is registered as GMT.
Not a very big issue, but annoying.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Internally" last.fm uses UTC time of course (How could this work otherwise? :wink: )

But tomtom21000 is right -> if I set my timezone to Europe-Berlin there my music shows up correctly..

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have doublechecked my profile at last.fm. It is set for GMT+1(Sweden).
    My played music is still two hours behind. :(

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just added "tag" (not as in id3 but in description) lookup to the live-data section.

Please test your favorite styles and see if you get results 8)
    Interesting example: try "cover" and get tracks :wink:

As reference: here is a list of the most popular tags.

Now that the methods are in I'm thinking about ways to control this via MP's gui. My current plan is that you can define serveral modes like "dance", "party", "relax" and then assign one or more tags to it. In MP you'd have a button to select one of your self-defined modes from a list then...

Any better suggestions?

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    rtv said:
    [...]Any better suggestions?
    Maybe...
    Here you can find a list of tags rated by popularity. Maybe it is possible to present that list (in that order) in a list control, since logic suggest then the most frequently looked for tags will be on top.
    Alternatively, maybe a "favorites" approach might help.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe, your link was the same as mine - just covered in its style sheet ;-)

My suggestion to "bundle" serveral tags to some "favorites" has a specific reason:
    A favorite mode "relax" eg. could contain:
    1. ambient
    2. chillout
    3. chill
    4. downtempo
    Getting much more possible matching result than a plain looooong list which would be difficult to scoll via remote.

In addition the "popular" list method would kill an outstanding feature:
    Less known tags like "minimal", "glitch" and co wouldn't be useable but especially people who do NOT hear mainstream music would benefit much from a flexible tag mode allowing to set those tags...

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You sure have some point on the less common genre problem.
    Another idea.
    If you look at e.g. Rock, you can see "related" tags. I'm not sure whether you can grab that as xml, but if so, I'd propose a screen with 5 buttons on the left:
    Favorites: Show favorites
    Play : play the station with the selected genre.
    Add to favorites: add/remove toggle for the selected genre
    Find related: show the "related" genres.
    All tags: show the tags list, in order of popularity, as earlier. This might be the start screen until user added some favorites

This might serve two goals:
    -If I love, say electro-industrial (I actually do), I'd add it to favorites by clicking Metal (#5 in pop. list)->Industrial->Electro-Industrial->add to favorites. Seems pretty easy to me, since most fans of somewhat obscure tags/genres will know to which more popular genres it is related.
    -Chili's gf :wink: will learn that if she likes Britney Spears, not only she is most probably annoying and likes a *censor*, but might also enrichen her live, or at least musical taste, with more fabulous songs to sing along with... Well, you get the point, though Britney is maybe not the best of examples, the "zapping trough tags" will enable you to listen to music which is more or less related to what you allready know, but with a twist. And a twist. And another one, until every Britney fan has discovered electro-industrial. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom