Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ~ok| said:
    Could not it be interpreted as: do not try to guess by file names, other means are fine.
    Well I do so but MP needs to fill the tag or song object data for cda tracks..

O

~ok|

rtv said:
    Well I do so but MP needs to fill the tag or song object data for cda tracks.

sorry for nagging you persistently on this feature, but I didn't completly understand your last reply. Do you mean that CDDB info filling for CDDA tracks is not "technically" compatible with audioscrobbler tag extraction but, at the same time, that you are not against supporting CDDA tracks w/in audioscrobbler (according to last.fm guidelines)?
    If so, and you don't have the time/need/desire to do it, then you can give me some kind of "subcontracting" job ;) I will happily apply and do my best!

cheers

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First off I would like to say it's a great feature :)

I realy like it, but I would like to see a few changes

In the configuration page, could u make a user manager. Now it's impossible to see how many users are connected and users can not be removed. Something like add/remove user and a user list would be nice.

One other thing, when adding 1 song to the play list, MP starts to scrobbel automaticaly, which is very cool. However, if I remove the first, or first few entry's made by the scrobble because I dont like them, MP does not re-scrobble.

Could you make MP check say every 20-30 second if there are next songs, if not then scrobble a few, for people who remove just added music if they are not according to there taste

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sorry for nagging you persistently on this feature, but I didn't completly understand your last reply. Do you mean .. that you are not against supporting CDDA tracks w/in audioscrobbler

Audio-CD submits are integrated now ;-)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the configuration page, could u make a user manager. Now it's impossible to see how many users are connected and users can not be removed. Something like add/remove user and a user list would be nice.
    Of course - just one step at a time ;-) Before 0.2.0.5 will be released there will definately be a user dropdown box or similar..

One other thing, when adding 1 song to the play list, MP starts to scrobbel automaticaly, which is very cool. However, if I remove the first, or first few entry's made by the scrobble because I dont like them, MP does not re-scrobble.
    Just disable-enable scrobbling then. Deleting songs may lead to tracks being added twice.. Maybe you want to increase the number of scrobbled songs too if you just pick the best of them.

Could you make MP check say every 20-30 second if there are next songs, if not then scrobble a few, for people who remove just added music if they are not according to there taste
    Normally this is just a "starting issue" as you'd have a large list soon. At the moment scrobbling is "event-driven" which is nice because developers should try to avoid having "timers" checking stuff all the time. Especially since the music part isn't the fastest...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hehe, I'm always trying to get things "production stable" as they'd be dismissed otherwise after some time ;-)

Please keep in mind that I'm just using the same track information you'd see on MP's GUI.
    If e.g. the song duration is incorrect there you might see some "spam alerts" at last.fm's website. But then you could check if all GUI tags are updated correctly and otherwise report a bug on this :-P

I've just tested a bunch of CDs here and all worked nicely :)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    hey rtv - what about a feature to enable/disable scrobbling from within a context menu in the mp gui?
    would be handy if you were about to listen to an audiobook (or just some music you were plain embarrased to have!) and didn't want it appearing on your last.fm profile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom