Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you sleep at night?
    In fact I'm just in a less-time for coding phase :D
    Some other feature are waiting a few days now since I am talking with the design team on how to improve the Now Playing screen.

@rtv: When scrobbling, if the music database is not up-to-date and a song gets added that is no longer there, the playlist stops. Should it fail over to the next song if there is an error? Maybe it does now, I rescanned my music at the last update so didn't get to test.
    There was something like that which didn't work properly - I've added a loop going through the playlist now until a playable song is found ;)

This only works if the player reports "I can't play that file" - please set your music player to directshow since WMP has some issues! (Also skipping / stopping can be very slow with it..)

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I threw a party on saturday (sorry none of you were invited ;) ) and made use of Scrobble Similar.

Must say I was v impressed. Not once did any of my musical secrets jump out of the stereo to embarass me and not once did any of my wife's Prince collection jump in to ruin matters.

Much better than Party Shuffle.

Loving this plugin :D

:D

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I noticed today with the newer SVN builds that the next track and previous track buttons have been removed from the now playing window. I love all of the info from last.fm, dont get me wrong, but is there any way to squeeze the buttons in too? Perhaps between the progress bar and the playing next information. All that, in my opinion, is really needed is previous track, pause/play, and next track. Something like < II > (I realize how bad of an illustration that is). Any possibilty of that happening? If not, I can always just go back to the playlist window and do it.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    okay: serveral possibilities:

1. You're using a keyboard with "special keys" - activate the HID plugin

2. You're using a normal keyboard - press F7 (back) or F8 (next)

3. You're using mouse _only_ - activate the topbar plugin and use its buttons.

4. You're using Remotes or anything other = no reason for asking :p

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    Just wanted to say how great this addition has been to MP.

i had some trouble getting it up and runnning with my original account which had an _ underscore in the name. Added some debug logging but it all seemed fine. Created a new user and all good now. So not 100% sure if the underscore was the issue.:D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just got a subscription there which will help implementing streams - there's no guarantee that this will work forever though..

I'll start on this after 0.2.0.5 is released - until then I'm in "bugfixing mode" ;)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    hey rtv -
    i love the way the artist thumbnails are downloaded automatically from the net when you start playing songs!
    is there any chance of getting a context menu item when in artists view to automatically scan through all artists and download thumbnails?
    :)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since this is a one time task I'd like not to clutter up the menu with it.
    I'll think about adding it to the config or something similar ;-)

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a thanks rtv for the now playing screen in the new music engine, its really excellent. You any idea how to make MP jump to Now Playing when I click on a track in a folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom