Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (3 Viewers)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    WOW
    Cool plugin, never used it before but that has changed now!
    Great work rtv :D

Regards
    Roy

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    wow - this site is actually pretty darn sweet. i was initially sceptical 'cos i've been put off sites like this by the utter crapness that is myspace - but last.fm seems really well created!
    looks like this will develop into a really useful feature for mp... great work rtv! :D

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    I gave lastfm a go last night. Is it not like Pandora though? Very limited amount of music can actually be listened to in one go? I think I got to about 7 songs before the whole thing stopped working (well stopped playing).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    0.2.0.3 is released now!

As a "proof of concept" the configuration now shows tab pages displaying some information queried directly from last.fm.

The basic code for automatic recommendations is done therefore.
    I'm just evaluating the nicest way to implement this. I guess I'll add some further stuff to the configuration next week. Therefore it can be tested from the outside of MP first.

mycrow

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Berlin
    really nice plugin, lovin it' and joined the mediaportal group :))

one problem though, last.fm does not recognize all the songs i've been listening to. Error message on my page at last.fm:

Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason:
    Spam protection triggered: You submitted a track dated earlier than your last submission.

This happens a lot..sometimes only one out of three songs recorded by last.fm.

Any idea ?

best regards,
    M

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you rtv. this is great. Do you have big plans for this plugin? There are endless possibilities with all the webservices available. This truely could make Mediaportal the only choice for audiophile HTPC-users ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom