Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
mycrow said:
really nice plugin, lovin it' and joined the mediaportal group :))

one problem though, last.fm does not recognize all the songs i've been listening to. Error message on my page at last.fm:

Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile for the following reason:
Spam protection triggered: You submitted a track dated earlier than your last submission.

This happens a lot..sometimes only one out of three songs recorded by last.fm.

i'm getting this one too - for me it's about 1 in 5 or so.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are these all "normal" mp3s which are recognized correctly by MP therefore having valid DB entries?

Please post a logfile where this happens.

Do you have big plans for this plugin? There are endless possibilities with all the webservices available. This truely could make Mediaportal the only choice for audiophile HTPC-users
    This is my goal 8)

mycrow

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Berlin
    Same here, normal MP3-files, all the information is in the DB.
    Wheww, logfile.....EqualRightsForWerewolves posted one already...if you need another one ill give it a try (to find an interesting part). ....lazy me....

M

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The admin of last.fm did a statement to your problems:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/24/_/74505/1#f808273

Constant "FAILED Plugin bug" errors are due to a bad proxy truncating submissions 99.9% of the time (actually, I've never seen a case where it wasn't a bad proxy). Again, this is for constant errors.
    Sometimes, the server will freak out and return a transient "plugin bug" error, but then the next try things will go through - this is not a proxy problem.
    I extended the log message and will add some less aggressive retry method but as it seems this is not our bug - in fact you see forum posts there from users of almost every plugin :roll:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I should add that almost every dsl provider uses "transparent proxies" to save bandwidth. They also allow stuff like presenting you their own homepage after initial connect (e.g. 1&1, gmx, AOL, and some others).

mycrow

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Berlin
    thanks for our reply....

will try using other plugins or just listening to radio w/ the last.fm proggie for a little while. just to see if it makes any difference. if not, i have to have a little talk w/ my provider (t-online), right ?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm just making the plugin more robust to server failures to avoid "loosing songs"

Is this just temporarily or does this happen always?

clubkid

Portal Member
    April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fantastic feature..

I really like the Last.FM plugin.
    I would like to encourage people from all countries to contribute to their Wiki with their national artists. I'm danish, so I will take my turn in updating the Wiki with danish artists..

BTW Note the list below.. it's created by last.fm from the traxx I am listening to on mediaportal.

mycrow

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Berlin
    rtv: happens always, sometimes more, sometimes less. Applied the new CVS about 90 minutes ago. Maybe this is just by chance, but in 90 minutes where i listened to music via mediaportal, only 3(!) songs were recorded by last.fm.
    The error msg on my page at the website did not appear anymore, though.

Will keep an eye on it.

Oh yes....yesterday i listened to "my" radio station via the windows program supplied by last.fm. No songs were lost. To me, this does not sound like a proxy problem. If I can be of any more assistance to resolve this problem (logs...tests...you name it), give me a shout.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom