Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mycrow

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Berlin
rtv: lol, regarding my last post.....i just read in the forum that developer snapshots aren't available at the moment. I just didn't notice...downloaded the one from yesterday again, installed....good ol' routine..... :)

So, in fact i am still using the old version of the plugin, without the changes you made recently....will keep you posted when i have the latest SVN....

M

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some important changes:
    1: added option to disable the "check-if-there-is-something-to-submit" thread.
    This will most likely get default in the future - submissions are made directly before the next song starts then.

2: added option to "ignore" songs that could not be submitted.
    On otherwise repeating errors this setting will force MP to reset the cache to go on with the next submission instead of retrying (which could lead to "loosing" more songs)

3: added methods to workaround unavailable servers
    regardless of setting 1 the plugin will stop direct submits after last.fm reported an error and will try submitting again later with an increasing interval

4: new tab "suggestions"
    this is to "test" the auto-playlist-methods I'd like to add to MyMusic soon. If you set the slider to 95% you'll only get artists which are very close to your overall top artists.
    Please try this and comment on your preferred "match rate"

I'd be happy to get some input on this:
    What settings should be in configuration to decide whether playlist-building should consider "only very good songs" or "random songs by similar artists"?

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    rtv: artist, recent, tracks and suggestions is working fine here.

tomtom

equalrightsforwerewolves: it is at the moment only in mp setup program (svn from 08-02)

tomtom

mycrow

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Berlin
    rtv: Tested the new version as of yesterday. Configuration of the plugin works fine, also the slider for the recommendations.
    round 90 % works best for me.

Regarding the problem with the songs not sent to last.fm.
    So far nothing much has changed. Still missing around 1-2 in 3 songs. The error msgs on the webpage disappeared, though.

Had a look at the logfiles. In mediaportal.log everything looks fine. (Playing of songs, addidtion of playlist etc.)
    In the mediaportal2.log (the one with the Audioscrobbler msgs), only the songs that were successfully sent to last.fm are listed. The ones that don't show up in last.fm are also missing completely in mediaportal2.log. No error message whatsoever.

Any suggestions ? Anything i can test ?

best regards,
    M

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
    December 20, 2005
    UK
    Great work rtv, it's nice to see this developing. I use winamp as my music player at the moment (due to support for kernel streaming and .ape files) so I use audioscrobbler with that - though I'll most likely switch over to the internal one once the playlists get sorted!

I also noticed that if I was logged in to last.fm on the website whilst using the plugin in MP, it would be intermittent at submitting files and only pick up a few. When logged out, it submits them all correctly.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also noticed that if I was logged in to last.fm on the website whilst using the plugin in MP, it would be intermittent at submitting files and only pick up a few. When logged out, it submits them all correctly.
    I've already guessed something like this - need to talk to some last.fm guys about this..

Strange is - these songs fail on re-try, too.. Even a new, forced handshake doesn't help :?

I'll start implementing first MyMusic stuff this weekend ;)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I have played now 120 songs, which isn´t much given the broad variety of music I played.

Nevertheless, I used the "neighbour radio" for the first time tonight, and it plays since 1,5 hours only songs that suit my taste (apart from 2-3 songs). This is really surprising.

Will it be possible to listen to the radio stations also via mp - in the future? That would be great. Also the (mediaportal)group radio! Imagine Mediaportal with its own radio station.
    The stream is 128kb/s (checked with wmp as external player), so the quality is ok.

And don´t feel pushed. take you´re time, rtv, it is just an idea ;)

tomtom

Hugo

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2006
    Seem´s that i´m blind again. :oops:

I´ve created the account, activated the new plugin (with my access-data)...
    ... but where/how can i play it in MP? Searched 'radio' - nothing there; searched 'music' nothing there...

help a blind man to see... : - D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom