Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    if i download a svn version, can i just extract the audioscrobbler files from the svn and copy them into my 0.2.0.2 install? i really want to try the new features but i'm so happy with my system right now, i don't wanna install a svn!!

you would have to copy over the whole ProcessPlugins.dll. that would include all changes to all the default process plugins in SVN. if that#s cool with you, go (-;

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just back-up your curent install (copy the MediaPortal folder), then do a SVN upgrade.

The current SVN installer has the option to make a back-up for you.

In this case if you don't like the added value of the SVN or your system became instable after the SVN, you just restore the back-up of your stable MP and run start.bat

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ProcessPlugins.dll
    what about WindowsPlugins, core (utils, crypto), databases (song), skin, ...
    This WILL end in an desaster ;)

If no team member thinks different there will soon be a next stable patch with these changes included. Therefore it would be good to get as much feedback as possible.

One thing though- I use Razor, and when opening my music the "Scrobbler: Similar" button initialy states "play." when pressing enter it shows correctly. Skinning-issue?
    I'll look at razor tomorrow.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    rtv said:
    What about "dynamic"-tag playlists. For example chillout, moody, party and so on
    This is were I am already working on ;-) But be aware of the fact that many people might consider different music as "party" and tag in a different way :roll:

I have found this problem already and any children that are using last.fm and mis tagging music you could find many many many many many songs like I have not tagged correctly. It has caused me to not use last.fm - It has a great concept but as long as imature people use the system it will just spoil it for everyone else. To bad there is not a what to learn you mistagged songs and report that person then they could be kicked out.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is why I'd only use tag-scrobbling for very special tags which aren't popular and therefore unlikely to be mistagged.

Nevertheless I'm doing some under-the-hood work first to fetch covers, etc on demand before I go on with the tag-stuff.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi rtv
    I can see from the changelog that you have fixed gui-lockups, and cpu "hunger" in my music.: Great!
    But, are you aware that scrobbling locks up gui for as long as ten seconds?
    And that the screen does not refresh after scrobbeling. If i press the button for fullscreen viz and back it shows new songs to the playlist.

BTW: I had an "idea"- When browsing albumview with small thumbs the gui is VERY choppy, and my computer looks strangled by the load of all the pictures loading. Then I came to wonder that it might be a good idea to make one, or more; packed_albumart.xml, and packed_albumart.png files? It seems to work ok with the skins.. Am I wrong here?

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lyxalig said:
    [...]
    BTW: I had an "idea"- When browsing albumview with small thumbs the gui is VERY choppy, and my computer looks strangled by the load of all the pictures loading. Then I came to wonder that it might be a good idea to make one, or more; packed_albumart.xml, and packed_albumart.png files? It seems to work ok with the skins.. Am I wrong here?
    We're getting quite offtopic, but did you possibly stumble over this topic?

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes this is off topic, so lets stop it here.. but to anwer your question; No.. cant figure why noen has thought of making one, or a few "big" pictures instread of caching 168, and use bits and parts of the image using coordinates... may be a thought SteveV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom