Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hugo said:
Seem´s that i´m blind again. :oops:

I´ve created the account, activated the new plugin (with my access-data)...
... but where/how can i play it in MP? Searched 'radio' - nothing there; searched 'music' nothing there...

help a blind man to see... : - D

I think you didn't understood the purpose of this plugin atm :)

The only thing it does is taking a record of what you're listening. In a near future it will be possible E.G. to make an intelligent playlist adding sound in correlation with your mood.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only thing it does is taking a record of what you're listening. In a near future it will be possible E.G. to make an intelligent playlist adding sound in correlation with your mood.

Hehe, partly wrong - since today a very simple approach of dynamic playlists is available 8)

Now I'm writing the more "intelligent" logic :wink:

robomonkey

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    So will Last.fm reccomend artists which we might like? I've scrobbled 436 tracks so far but under the neibourhood I don't get owt back, just say it may take 2-3 weeks!

Great Plugin though :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    most stats are generated every sunday.

You can see the plugin config for:
    1. Recommended artists
    2. Artists your neighbours like
    3. Artists your neighbours like but you do not own!

You can use dynamic playlists with the most recent svn!
    Just enable Scrobble! and start one track :wink:

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    As said on irc, the new scrobble playlist works really good and adds songs that really fit into the line. Tested this with really different styles of music from Oldies, 80´s New Wave to Hip Hop.

Anyway, I have the impression that the function might be very sensitive to the tags.
    For example, the plugin delivers no suggestions for a otherwise carefully tagged song which has the addition (CD1) in the album tag. Or another one that has (original radio edit) in the title tag. Might also be coincidence, will test further.
    But if that is the case, maybe it is possible to ignore expressions in brackets (). Maybe the same goes for things like "xy feat. z"

However, love the new featur very much.

tomtom

(P.S. tested with first svn that included the function 08-03?)

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I tried the SVN 06/08, and I must say I LOVE the new Scrobble feature.. (Could not wait for a new stable patch... ah well ... back to bleeding edge agiain I guess) :lol: .

A few issues:
    When Scrobble-mode is enabled by default in the plugin-config, It does not auto-scrobble. I have to turn it of, and then on again to make it scrobble.

The label should in my oppinion state: Scrobble, or dynamic.. Not Scrobble!. The exclamation-mark looks a bit out of place.

A few things the scrobbler-plugin could be useful for;

Playlists that plays 60's 70's 80's 90's music as my database is full of wrongly tagged "dates" It states when the album in question was pressed, and not the original release year.. Possible?
    What about "dynamic"-tag playlists. For example chillout, moody, party and so on... BTW. Party-playlist feature should maybe be removed?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyway, I have the impression that the function might be very sensitive to the tags.
    You'd be surprised if I tell you it doesn't do anything with track tags in similar mode? For "similar" only the artist tag needs to be valid.

When Scrobble-mode is enabled by default in the plugin-config, It does not auto-scrobble. I have to turn it of, and then on again to make it scrobble.
    Of course in "similar mode" it still needs a first song to begin scrobbling
    For "neighbour mode" I've just added an auto-fill option if the playlist is empty

What about "dynamic"-tag playlists. For example chillout, moody, party and so on
    This is were I am already working on ;-) But be aware of the fact that many people might consider different music as "party" and tag in a different way :roll:

BTW. Party-playlist feature should maybe be removed?
    Would be nice to hear a statement of its original author since the playlist code contains much "party mode" specific stuff..

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well rtv it seems you've got it all figured out allready. :D

I eagerly await further developement.

Regarding the party-mode; I thought it just made a random playlist?
    It sure dosen't work for my parties :lol:

Keep it up, you are doing a great job!

One thing though- I use Razor, and when opening my music the "Scrobbler: Similar" button initialy states "play." when pressing enter it shows correctly. Skinning-issue?

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    if i download a svn version, can i just extract the audioscrobbler files from the svn and copy them into my 0.2.0.2 install? i really want to try the new features but i'm so happy with my system right now, i don't wanna install a svn!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom