Aumro/Omaura oled vfd getting to work with MP (1 Viewer)

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi fellow oled-owners,

You're pretty much in the same boat as I am, the software isn't being updated anymore and works on Vista only.
Thankfully they provided win7 drivers and the software is working once again, kinda...
But it hasn't ever worked with MP so far.
Been doing some researching and came up with the source to the software.
After talking to Chemicalli I understand it can be made working by taking code from the minidisplay plugin and porting calls.
The iMon one is the most complete and should cover all the functions.
But best reason why? Well except the fact it looks damn sexy in a case I can't seem to find a replacement vfd that fits.

What is needed and what is available?

- coding C# .Net experience
- source: omauraoleddisplay - Project Hosting on Google Code
- controller chip: microchip PIC18F65J10
- new x64 vista/win7 drivers(!) here: http://www.china-htpc.com/soft/OLEDHDWIN7-64bit.zip
- Some icons I made (based on the BBC ones) that suit this display better than the ones that came with it:
weatherv.png

Already I have a 3/4 complete icon set ready to be used.

Regretfully I can't do any coding, but I can do some photoshop work and complete the artwork needed.

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
Could you please post the drivers? The link provided does not work anymore. I am rebuilding a hfx classic and have this vfd. I am also on the look out for the manual for this vfd.

Thanks!!

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The driver you want: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a manual, there was a pdf at one time which was very basic but I guess I lost that one.
I tried to find developers but no such luck, though I did all the graphical work for several theme's/icons etc.
Seems nobody is interested though it's the best VFD out there.

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
I have installed the driver bur it only shows the welcome message and then the clock. How do I get it to work with any program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom