Aussie Tv Guide (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

yeah mate installed mediaportal, set region to perth, copied and pasted xmltv file into mediaportal directory, ran tvxb, now what? I used mediaportal config but is there like an import button or someting?
Cheers

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You should be moving all the directories from the zip into the MP directory, run the region you need (once only) then run tvxb. Then go into mediaportal and do import from tv guide in Configuration.

A

Anonymous

Ah cheers mate. Is there a MCE 2005 remote command for the import tvguide feature? Also it worked but firstly i have abc,sbs,seven,nine and ten twice in the guide and They aren't selectable as channels. Where can I set this up eg do I have to match channel names? Cheers

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You wont need a command on the remote because you only do it once.

Also it worked but firstly i have abc,sbs,seven,nine and ten twice in the guide

Is this in MP or configuration?

Basic steps are different from my manual because 0.1.1.1 is different from when I wrote it (and seems to change every release). Now:

*You "Import from TV Guide" in Television -> Channels
    *Television -> Cards - map the added channels to your card
    *Television -> Capture Cards - Edit you tv card and autotune.
    *Map the frequencies as they are found to the corresponding channel.[/code]

A

Anonymous

Sorry Maybe I should explain better. I can cycle through all channeles (28 incluing radio :)) My issue is that I have gone through Mediaportal config and renamed 7 digital to Media portal friendly name Seven and yet this still doesn't seem to have made a difference. I also want to remove from the channels I cyce through ll the hdtv (except 7) as they dont work and just clutter up the expereince

Cheers

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Ok, this was a part I was going to add to my pack but there is much to many combos. Someone with a little knowledge can edit the files accordingly.

Youll have to edit the tvxb.ini file and change the names to exactly what MP autotunes them as (not the other way around as you were doing it). Do this for all of the ones you want, which may require duplicating some of them. Rerun tvxb.

Clear all channels in the Channels list. Auto tune your dvb card so that it finds the channels. Now do import from tv guide button. This will retain all the correct data for your channels but allow mp to use the epg data.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I use xmltv but I think I know your problem.

The channel names you set up in media portal config have to exactly match their names in the XML file from the tv guide. This is how MP matches the two sets of data. So, instead of simply calling channel ten, TEN, you have to call it "Network TEN Perth" or whatever for your locality.

MonteGoulding

Portal Member
    April 24, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I just downloaded D1XMLTVGrabber and it seems to be miles faster than tvxb and TVHarvest but I can't get any data using freesd or freehd as providers. TVHarvest seems to have the most data (Genre, subtitle, tating etc).

Had a frustrating night last night with MP switching channels just before the end of the show twice to start recording the next one on a different channel. The wife acceptance factor went down a few points. I think my system clock is still a bit fast... Perhaps I just need another tv card ;-)

Cheers

Monte

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    For the switching channels, it is most likely due to the setting in config about how many minutes before and after the program to start and stop recording.
    I find that you should set it to start pretty much right on time but stop at least five minutes after the scheduled time. Latey most channels are running up to ten minutes late for some stupid reason.
    The program that is about to start takes precedence over the one that is currently recording.

P

pugpete

MonteGoulding said:
    I just downloaded D1XMLTVGrabber and it seems to be miles faster than tvxb and TVHarvest but I can't get any data using freesd or freehd as providers. The wife acceptance factor went down a few points.

Monte

Hey Monte im in Canberra and i couldn't get any data from free, freesh or freehd. I could find providers but no data, i now use Sydney instead of Canberra and it works nicely. Maybe you could use another Location that has the same Tv Guide as Adelaide? The larger capital cities seem to get data but not the small. :cry:

My GF is a little bit resistant to the TV turning into a PC, but when i showed her the TV Guide she was very impressed, this may win you back some aceptance :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom