Auto DJ Mode & Rework of Last.fm code (1 Viewer)

Scrobbling to last.fm is working

• Works but no difference to existing Audioscrobbler plugin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, same here, and it really works better compared to the audioscrobbler. I added 1 song to a playlist in the morning and it kept playing for hours with really simular tracks from my library. By the time it was evening, it started playing some christmas music also, but that's probably related to my 'small' music dB.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm confused isn't Auto DJ exactly the same feature that we already have with audioscrobber? What is the difference, it is unclear from fisrt post in thread.
    As with the radio code the existing stuff uses the old API last.fm deprecated many years ago. This rework is mainly around moving to the new so if (or when) they remove all the old API we will still have working last.fm integration.

some users were also having problems with the existing scrobbler.

The auto DJ stuff is linked but does not require a last.fm account (which existing code does). I found the current method of adding tracks quite flawed. I have around 12k tracks but would often only get a few extra tracks from a whole album and when it did add tracks they were not always similar (playing an R.E.M. track would only seem to play R.E.M. tracks but may jump from a slow sad song to a really pop upbeat one)

The plan is to make the auto DJ functionality better than it is now.

I will post a new version over the next few months which goes further into last.fm integration (including adding radio back)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there.

Great plugin, easy setup, works flawless and finds good results.
    But there is one option I'd like to have for the final release: the possibility to disable this function...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fafnir.

Atreidez

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Goodmorning everyone,

I had problems with seeing my played tracks on last.fm lately and found the scrobbler not working anymore. I also used the last.fm random play music often, but did not miss it so much after it stopped working.

I found this WIP last.fm plugin and decided to give it a go. For updating my played tracks to last.fm profile it works great! This was my primairy objective and it seems flawless.. I was also anxious to see the auto DJ functionality go thru my collection and see what it selected, however, I have not been able to get the auto dj functionality to work. I run MP 1.2.3 and had it tested in 1.2.2 as well, and also on my MP installation on laptop. I disabled the last.fm radio and audioscrobbler plugins and the new one is configured and authenticated (it uploads my data well). I also went back to V3 but the result did not change. I select one song and after it finishes, the playlist just remains with that one song and all you hear is silence ;) I have no clue what I am missing, and since I don't see any buttons or so for it to stop/start I also don't know if its even trying. Any pointers about where to look for a solution on the auto DJ issue? Would really love to see it working.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Atreidez,

I'm running this plugin for months now, and with the upcoming 1.3RC release, it's still working as expected. Take a look @ your log files (MediaPortal.log) to see if there is anything going wrong. Please attach them for further info.
    I've attached my logfile so you have an idea of what you should see in there. I added 1 Adele song to the playlist, then Auto DJ does a dB search and adds 5 songs to fill the playlist a bit.
    Code:
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.563034 [Info.][(46)]: XXX: pl.count: 1
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.566035 [Info.][(46)]: XXX: currtrackIndex: 0
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.568035 [Info.][(46)]: xxx: pltracksremain: 0
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.570035 [Info.][(46)]: xxx: numtrackswanted: 5
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.573035 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Matched 28 local songs.  Attempting to add 5 tracks
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.614040 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Rihanna - California King Bed
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.652045 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Michael Jackson - Thriller
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.692051 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Alanis Morissette - Ironic
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.755058 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Ed Sheeran - Small Bump
    2013-01-22 20:46:30.803064 [Info.][(46)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Duffy - Warwick Avenue

After that it should add another track for every song done playing.

Last edited:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there.

Great plugin, easy setup, works flawless and finds good results.
    But there is one option I'd like to have for the final release: the possibility to disable this function...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fafnir.

Yes need the possibility to disable this function directly from the "Playlist" and "Now Playing Screen". The other thing we need is a special colour for the Tracks that were added by the scrobble function.

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes need the possibility to disable this function directly from the "Playlist" and "Now Playing Screen". The other thing we need is a special colour for the Tracks that were added by the scrobble function.

i agree and would like to add, that when disabling the auto dj function, tracks that have already been added at the bottom of the current playlist should be immediately removed.

Atreidez

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks a lot HomeY! With help of your log file I was able to check what was missing in mine. So there were all these headers from MusicDB and first I thought I was missing some plugin, but apparently I had never populated the default MusicDB! Auto populate was on, but this does not work when using a NAS (I read in the KB). The shares were setup fine, so I just never missed it, but clearly Auto DJ uses the MusicDB to look for matches, so I had to manually start the database update, and afterwards Auto DJ works fine.

Code:
    2013-01-23 10:47:38.418712 [Info.][(8)]: Auto DJ: Matched 3 local songs.   Picked # 2
    2013-01-23 10:47:38.421712 [Info.][(8)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Count Basic - Speechless

Thanks again! (y)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Closing this thread as a new full build coming shortly that completely reworks all last.fm integration

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom