Auto DJ Mode & Rework of Last.fm code (1 Viewer)

Scrobbling to last.fm is working

• Works but no difference to existing Audioscrobbler plugin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pody

Portal Pro
March 20, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
I will try this later and get back to you. Audioscrobbler doesn't work for me at all so I need a replacement.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
July 23, 2009
Home Country
So I really like the way it selects the music tried different starting points and thought is worked really well. This would be good to include in Media portal, its a great feature that I will use all the time.

I think it needs to be expanded though, to like a party mode or Jukebox mode so it is very simple to add music to the playlist and when no one is adding it runs off the last choice auto again. A screen maybe that locks the music from editing and allows only to add songs and Music video. the Now playing screen I currently use has band information and visuals going and artwork, if it had a album listing underneath you could choose from as well would be good. .

Again great work its really good.

pody

Portal Pro
March 20, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
I tried it and the scrobbler works great, so I'm very pleased with that. I have no idea how to use the Auto-DJ mode so no feedback there. I only have a few albums on MP anyway so there's probably not any point for me to use it either. But great job on the scrobbling though! (y)

Last edited:

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What to do !

"We're writing you to let you know that there will soon be a change to Last.fm radio that may affect you. Our stats show that you've listened to radio through an application that uses our old streaming protocol. On 1 December we will deprecate this old protocol, so in some applications radio will no longer work.

If you would like to continue enjoying Last.fm Radio, consider upgrading to a new application or using http://www.last.fm/listen

Thanks,
    The Last.fm Team
    "

thm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all: Some time back I recognized this feature. It worked just great and was using it all the time. Nice job.

I guess since the final shutdown of the old last.fm api, it unfortunately does not work anymore. At least no new tracks are added and logs from scrobbling list tracks from the playlist as unknown.

I liked both the last.fm plugin and this feature a lot and got my self a last.fm subscription to use on my avr. But I would love to see both back in mediaportal.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm confused isn't Auto DJ exactly the same feature that we already have with audioscrobber? What is the difference, it is unclear from fisrt post in thread.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If i'm correct these changes were made because of the 'bad' auto DJ function in the audioscrobbler plugin. Often you ended up with entirely different tracks in your playlist. Might also be related to the fact that the 'old' API was shut down.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok thanks. it is a cool feature that I really love. Probably the only cool core MP music feature. The other good features are all from plugins (fanart handler, one button random music, my lyrics)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom