Auto-updated LAV & trakt - now crashing at startup (1 Viewer)

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

on Tuesday I started my MP-HTPC for the first time since serveryl days. MP updated itself with new LAV and trakt (may have been follw.it, don't remember). Watched TV after that, no problems occured. Shut down the HTPC and got a bluescreen while shutting down. Today MP crashes and will not start.
Logfiles attached but it' s too much for me to read and understand. Where do I have to look and WHAT do I have to look for?

Cheers,
Jens

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    At what point does in the loading of MP does it crash?

=DebugMode.png

Does it auto crash when you start with "Report a Bug to Team MP"?

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    When I run the Watchdog with the option "Report a Bug to Team MP" everything works fine. MP loads the default skin.Tested Movies, Music and TV.
    There was another auto-update on Tuesday, almost forgot that: DVDArt plugin.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    When I run the Watchdog with the option "Report a Bug to Team MP" everything works fine. MP loads the default skin.Tested Movies, Music and TV.
    There was another auto-update on Tuesday, almost forgot that: DVDArt plugin.

Your databases are corrupt. (MovPic, TVSeries)
    You can try to disable those two plugins and see if MP works again.
    Thanks!

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your databases are corrupt. (MovPic, TVSeries)
    You can try to disable those two plugins and see if MP works again.
    Thanks!

I disabled MovingPictures and TVSeries. MP still crashes. :-(
    Now I disabled every Plugin and will switch them on again one by one. Let's see what happens.

[Edit: with every Plugin disabled the startup of Mp takes endless when "Starting Plugins...". That's strange.]

Last edited:

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, enabled Music and MP started without crashing but there's no content in the music folder. MP shows the running blue progress bar in the middle of the screen but nothing happens. I think I'll skip the other plugins and do a full restore of the whole MySQL. I have a current backup, Is there any wiki or instructions on how to do that?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is best to delete the whole content in the database folder. (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database)

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, deleting is not an option but I will rename the folder to _database_old and restore it from backup. In the meanwhile I ran a database check with
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysqlcheck --all-databases -e -u root -p
    and entered MediaPortal as password. All checks ran through and all MP-own databases are marked as OK. Can anyone confirm that they might be corrupt despite the OK-results?

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I stopped the MySQL service (which on dependency stoppe the TVService, too) and renamed the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\_database_old.
    After that I restore the whole folder from the last backup, restarted the MySQL service and TVService and enabled all plugins. MP crashed again :-(
    I then disabled all the processing plugins. Now MP starts without crashing but when I go to the Movies or Pictures category there is no content. It seems to me that MP ist doing some sort of searching or reorganization or what's it about with the progress bars? (see screenshot attached) I waited 15 Minutes but nothing happens...

Attachments

• screen.png
      screen.png
      74.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom