Auto-updating TV Logos (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached a file of all the UK TV logos I use for various things
    Thank you. I will upload the logos to which I immediately agree - there are a few that I consider outdated. For others I hesitate because they don't match the official colors, e.g. BBC Two.

In the meantime I wanted to ask you a favour: Could you open the GB logos online (see Channels and select GB in the dropdown list)? Then check which channels don't operate anymore so that I can delete them in the database.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some are not perfect (mainly the recent Sky updates) as there are not yet high quality versions of these online to adapt.
    I made updated versions of the Sky logos for the MP1 version of LogoManager, mostly as vector images. You can find the source images here and there's a full preview here.

paul.aplin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2006
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry to jump in late.

The repo for the Logo's uses a Region Code (in my case AU for Australia), however my system is still attempting to pull from the American Logo's.

Where does the Region code come from? Can it be set manually or is this from deeper in the system somewhere?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The repo for the Logo's uses a Region Code (in my case AU for Australia), however my system is still attempting to pull from the American Logo's.
    This is the correct behavior.

MP2 will primarily search for the channel name/alias and pul the respective logo regardless of the region that it is stored under. The reason is that the same channel exists in many countries, however, the logo is stored only once and possible different names for the same channel are added as aliases under the same channel name. The obvious advantage is that it simplified logo management for me and updating a logo requires only one change rather than having to update the same logo multiple times.

It can be that different channels can have the same name in different countries, e.g. "Gold" in GB and AU. In this case your system will (should) pull the logo from AU while somebody in the UK will see the GB logo on his system. If however another user in a third country (say DE) also had a channel "Gold", he most likely would not get a logo (or possible the wrong one) for it because of the name ambiguity, This can be resolved by either adding yet another logo "Gold" to the region DE or assigning a unique name to the channel, e.g. "Gold (DE)", which is then added as an alias to the existing channel.

I am currently organizing the repo in such a way that channels are stored in the country where it originates from. For example Cartoon Network is a US-based TV station and therefore stored under US. The (re)organization is not finished but eventually all duplicates should be eliminated and all channels stored under their country of origin.

In case any of your channels is not automatically getting a logo, you should search the repo ('Find logo') if it already contains the respective channel name and if yes, propose a new alias for it (under 'Suggest'). If you can't find the respective channel, you can suggest a completely new channel name - note that channel names should not be cryptic or abbreviated but use their complete names, ideally as per Wikipedia.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made updated versions of the Sky logos for the MP1 version of LogoManager, mostly as vector images. You can find the source images here and there's a full preview here.
    Thank you. I've started to use some of them for the GB region of MP2. However, I've been running into two issues:
    1. Your github repo truncates the display to 1000 files - another 135 files are not showing
    2. Many of your svg's won't open with any editor here, e.g. BBC One Wales HD - dark.svg

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. It's a Github limit. On the main page, there's a green 'Clone or download' button on the top right, from there you can get a zip file, there's also 'Find file' next to it if you already know what you're looking for.
    2. It works fine for me, which editor are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom