Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (7 Viewers)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
First I want to thank you for your awesome plugin.

But I have a couple of questions. First is if it's possible to map the menu to a button on my MCE remote. I've tried to use the key pressed action but that does not seem to work, any ideas?

Edit: Sometimes the simplest of solutions is the best. I just pressed buttons i didn´t use in the hotkey area until I found one that worked.

Secondly I have some video files where they have switched to sides so left is right and right i left. So when I play these files everything is screwed up and my head hurts. Unfortunately my TV does not have an option to switch it around. But if I put on the glasses up side down everything is as it should be except that the subs your plugin so nicely renders in 3D now goes into the picture instead of popping out and it's not very comfortable to wear the glasses up side down.

So my questions is would it be possible to add to the plugin the option to switch the video frames? So left becomes right and so on. That way everything should line up right with the subs and the glasses.

I can send you a sample video if that would help :)

Edit: I have my HTPC dedicated for 3D so I usually go to 3D mode when I start MediaPortal and then stay until I´m done but if I try to exit MediaPortal with 3D mode on, MediaPortal hangs.

Last edited:

jamesst

Portal Member
May 4, 2007
Split
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,

Thanks for implementing LG into your great plugin. Unfortunaly it can't connenct with my tv (42LM6600 2012). When i try to get code, massage : can't connect wit LG tv pops out. Lg remote app on ios and android are working correctly.

Please help me get this working.

Thanks

Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Thanks for implementing LG into your great plugin. Unfortunaly it can't connenct with my tv (42LM6600 2012). When i try to get code, massage : can't connect wit LG tv pops out. Lg remote app on ios and android are working correctly.

Please help me get this working.

Thanks

Hi Jamesst, please edit your post and add mediaportal.log to it for support.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @NTM and others:

There were already some requests for MCE 2005 remotes support. Therefore I decided to do a simple solution, that only works with MCE 2005 remotes.

Install the latest version of the plugin (also on the first page): Auto3D.mpe1

Then go to the Auto3D Setup. Set the focus to the TextBox behind "Show selection menu if".
    Now press the desired MCE remote key. Some string like "MCE ...." should appear in the TextBox.

Exit with OK and start MediaPortal. Now it should be possible to open the Auto3D menu with the choosen MCE 2005 remote key.

@NTM: Switching left/right is possible. I have this feature in my list and as soon as I have fixed the existing LG support bugs I will take a look at it.

Last edited:

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    You're awesome :) The MCE fix works great. Really looking forward to the new version with left/right switching :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV is recognized, but connection fails:

[2013-08-07 06:57:01,640] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Auto3D: LG service found -> LG Electronics, 192.168.0.13, 3248b464-1dd2-11b2-b081-d54e5aae1602, LG2012x
    [2013-08-07 06:57:01,641] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Auto3D: LG service selected -> 3248b464-1dd2-11b2-b081-d54e5aae1602
    [2013-08-07 06:57:01,643] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Auto3D: UpdateServiceInfo with IP: 192.168.0.13
    [2013-08-07 06:57:02,680] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Auto3D: UpdateServiceInfo failed: Unable to connect to the remote Server

What LG model do you have?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Help
    Based on the description this plugin seems to be exactly what I want but I just can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm running MP 1.4 and have installed the latest version, I have been able to link it to my Philips PFL5008 TV but I have yet to see any sign of the 3D selection menu in MP even when I set the "Always show 3D selection menu in MP" where is it supposed to be?. I have tried several Bluray 3D movies including The Hobbit, rips and original disc, they only seem to play in 2D (refresh dynamically switches to is 1080p 24) even if I manually (using TV remote) switch the TV to 3D, it appears the TV simply can't detect it is receiving 3D content, my guess is its not! If I set up PowerDVD11 as an external player I can switch to 3D on its menu which will automatically set the TV to 3D and it plays fine but I have to use the mouse to control PowerDVD which is very much not desirable. I'm probably doing something real dumb so apologies in advance but all help will be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom