Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (3 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcus, could you please deliver new binaries for the 1.5.0 pre release? Hope it get's into MP's main trunk soon.

p.s. This seems to be related to the earlier reported hanging problem on stop of playback.

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've managed to connect my Philips TV. But I miss the 3D button to enter the 3D menu ... I can see that it is included in the command timings settings, but it is not selectable as a button. I think on some models is it a 3D button instead of a Adjust button. Is it possible to fix?

Marcus, was my question unclear?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971: Thank you :)

@sweborn: Sorry I forgot this. :oops:

The problem is, that with the current 2 philips APIs (jointSpace/DirectFB) it was not possible to send the 3D button yet.

I did a lot of testing with @dishwasher

Please see the current jointSpace codes here:

http://jointspace.sourceforge.net/p...jasonApi/1/doc/API-Method-input-key-POST.html

There is no code for the 3D key. Then I wrote two friendly E-Mails to one of the developers, but received no answer. Then I posted a question in the jointSpace forum, but even there no one of the developers reacted to my question.

Even the possible DirectFB codes didn't work:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/attachment.php?attachmentid=843&d=1328791128

Finally I posted a question in the Philips support forum asking for the keycode that could be sent over DirectFB. Another user gave me a hint, but even that code didn't work.

The support from Philips is somehow not what I expect from a support.

I will check this again after my holidays.

Maybe some other user here in the Forum knows how to send the 3D key to the Philips TVs?

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @wouter1971: Thank you :)

@sweborn: Sorry I forgot this. :oops:

The problem is, that with the current 2 philips APIs (jointSpace/DirectFB) it was not possible to send the 3D button yet.

I did a lot of testing with @dishwasher

Please see the current jointSpace codes here:

http://jointspace.sourceforge.net/p...jasonApi/1/doc/API-Method-input-key-POST.html

There is no code for the 3D key. Then I wrote two friendly E-Mails to one of the developers, but received no answer. Then I posted a question in the jointSpace forum, but even there no one of the developers reacted to my question.

Even the possible DirectFB codes didn't work:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/attachment.php?attachmentid=843&d=1328791128

Finally I posted a question in the Philips support forum asking for the keycode that could be sent over DirectFB. Another user gave me a hint, but even that code didn't work.

The support from Philips is somehow not what I expect from a support.

I will check this again after my holidays.

Maybe some other user here in the Forum knows how to send the 3D key to the Philips TVs?

Thanks for your reply. Hope it can be solved. There are probably quite lot having the same tv model.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Marcus,

Thanks for this plugin, I am very happy that my MP interface now splits matching the SBS of my 3D videos.
    I also suffor from the issue that I can not create the 3D macro for my Philips 2012 model TV. The path to the 3D menu without a 3D button is too long and unpredictable. I hope that you are able to find a way around that. Great work. (tip, see if you can implement support for the HDMI-CEC remote plugin that is also available)

Next to your current approuch to switch to 3D mode there is also another way I believe.
    My Nivdia video card came with some example 3D content and is 3D TV aware. When those examples are launched the TV detects that 3D content is transmitted. And depending on my TV settings allows me for easy switching or auto switching etc. Even better when the 3D content stops, the TV auto switches back to 2D.
    It would be great if that would be supported by your plugin, somehow sending the right info encoded in output so that the TV knows it recieving 3D content. It is how the Smart TV apps work also.
    The only hint I was able to find right now was that in my nvidia control panel there is a seperate set of special 3D resolutions. Setting windows to one of those made my TV say that 3D content was recieved, even though the 2D desktop was showing.
    I am not sure if the resolution is all that is needed or that more things need to be changed but that would be nice to have :)
    I would be willing to help testing etc (even have some c# skills to help out).

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    @wouter1971 If you can do without the automatic change to 3D on your TV, but have 3D GUI in MP 1.5 pre, try installing the files but leave out configuration.exe and mediaportal.exe, it seems to work OK here so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom