Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

BertTRP

Portal Member
June 11, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Great idea and great plugin! Definitely covering and important gap considering today's integration of devices!

I personally own a 3D Panasonic beamer (i know, enlargening even more the panorame of to be supported devices!!), and i was wondering in how far you might have had implemented at this time (saw your previous post about it) the support for the mentioned "solutions with HDMI CEC adaptors working over USB" ( i presume you might be referring to this: http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/104-usb-hdmi-cec-adapter.aspx ).

This seems like a pretty universal solution, even if it implies the acquisition of extra hardware, but its price seems to be as affordable as the "Control over USB-IR controller via EventGhost" solution.

Thanks again for the great addition... greatly improving the overall experience in my opinion![DOUBLEPOST=1361453511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Concerning the subtitle, I think that my plugin does not take into account subtitles and therefore might render them unreadable.
But I think I can fix this in the next time. Could you provide me a screenshot how it looks at the moment?

If i read Sunfire7 comment properly, it means that 3D visualisation of standard 2D subtitles now automatically works "out of the box" as a consequence of your re-implementation of Mediaportal's GUI. This is GREAT news, as it's not required anymore to convert subtitles for 3D visualization using 3D subtitler!!

I convence allowing correct visualization of 3D subtitles would be a plus... but please, please, please... make sure the current implementation is not removed!!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
If i read Sunfire7 comment properly, it means that 3D visualisation of standard 2D subtitles now automatically works "out of the box" as a consequence of your re-implementation of Mediaportal's GUI. This is GREAT news, as it's not required anymore to convert subtitles for 3D visualization using 3D subtitler!!

I convence allowing correct visualization of 3D subtitles would be a plus... but please, please, please... make sure the current implementation is not removed!!

Thanks again!
I also agree that the ability of using srt without convert them is great, I just miss the subs be out of the screen, right now they are at screen level so when some object gets out of the screen near the subs area the effect is lost because of the subs.

Maybe if is not too hard you could add custom "deep" of the subs. Or an option to not change them so the already made subs works ok

P.S did you checked the mini screen in streamedmp? It shows messed up

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @sunfire7:

Fixed the mini screen in streamedmp. Update attached to end of first thread. My knowledge about subtitles is (very) limited as I don't use them.

Please provide me some details:

Normally MediaPortal will display subtitles in 2D. For a 3D movie MediaPortal was not able to provide correct subtitles because the were disorted like the rest of the GUI.

How were you able to see subtitles in correct 3D before?
    Does the 3D Subtitler merge the subtitles into the movie?
    Were you using the ffdshow subtitles filter?
    Could you provide me some example subtitles? It doesn't matter if they fit to any of my 3D films, I would just rename them to be shown, just to see the effect.

Last edited:

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Normally MediaPortal will display subtitles in 2D. For a 3D movie MediaPortal was not able to provide correct subtitles because the were disorted like the rest of the GUI.

Correct

How were you able to see subtitles in correct 3D before?
    You have to process the srt with 3D Subtitler, a Java program which makes the subs SBS or TAB to fit your 3D Movie

Does the 3D Subtitler merge the subtitles into the movie?
    3D Subtitler generates a .sub, .idx and .xml files, the subs are not burn into video

Were you using the ffdshow subtitles filter?
    I use the Mediaportal's built-in subs engine, which I believe is the MPC-HC engine?

I attached the subs requested, just rename every one to the name of your movie

Attachments

• Amazing Spiderman 3D Subtitles generated with 3D Subtitler.zip
      6.5 MB
    Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @sunfire7: I will check this in the next days.

@pur_berger: I don't have the source code for the Atmolight. But I my latest package I have again included my code patches, so the developer of Atmolight can integrate this in this code.

Added new version to first post. This version is able to play any 3D movie in 2D mode.
    This works for SBS and TAB. The CTRL+D menu hotkey must be enabled in the settings.
    If you now start a movie in 3D mode you can call menu with CTRL+D later and turn on the 3D to 2D conversion in the menu.

Last edited:

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, I like the plugin!

Sadly I forgot my LG is not a smart one so I can't test the 3d mode switching for you :( My dad has a Samsung 8500 series but do you need anymore testing on those?

What feedback I can give you is that I tested it multiple times going back and forth between movie and GUI including changing MP settings and the switching worked excellent. However I did notice the lowered resolution (quality) of the menus (text most notable) - I assume this is a limit your unable to overcome in MP?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a limit is caused by design of 3D with polarized glasses. In SBS or TAB mode the image is split into 2 parts. One for the left eye and one for the right eye. Every image has only the half resolution. The next problem is, that my approach internally expands and stretches the screen output which leads to additional loss of quality. Testing on a Samsung 8500 would also make sense to ensure that switching the modes works. It would help to improve quality.

Last edited:

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I will try and test on the Samsung 8500 this weekend and see if I can find more friends with 3d equipment will to help test.

Is it possible to add the "CTRL-D" menu to a builtin GUI menu? I use a remote and was curious if I can just wait until later rather then setup a button shortcut for the "CTRL-D" menu ability. The 3d/2d mode toggle is awesome because I have a 2d and a 3d TV so saves me storing a movie twice.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    I tried the new version and the mini display view now works outside Moving pictures, but inside its still messed up! (With streamedmp)

I hope the subs thing could be fixed

Everything else works good

Many thanks for this plugin, it is very useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom