Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
February 24, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well, we have progress. When Auto3D executes the command file I had created, it now briefly shows the 3D screen. I don't remember seeing it ever before. It does not show scrolling down 1 step to 3D SBS, though. I've fooled with timings, also. Following that, it does not switch to 3D. When I then press the 3D button on my remote, the same menu pops up I press down to SBS, then OK, and it switches to the same full screen interleaved picture. I register my 3D glasses, and the picture remains the same, no 3D, just the double interleaved images.

I want to thank you for all the time you have put into this one, which of course can affect other Sony users. But for me, I am giving up on it. I have about 10 3D movies, and once successful, I planned to purchase more from a list I am keeping. Of course, I can always put the disc in my Sony BR player, but we're all spoiled by the incredibly handy Media Portal, which in ver 1.6 is getting pretty stable and faster. So who wants to go to a disc player!

It sure would be nice to hear from Sony users who have success, and what they did to modify the default settings, if necessary.

Thank you again, Marcus. If something turns up that may apply here, of course I will still try it. But, :( for now.

Norm

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you switch manually into 3D mode, you get the same result as with Auto3D? Did I get this correct?
    Is the picture after switching to 3D exactly the same as before?

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
    February 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Auto3D detects 3D, the TV pops up the 3D menu briefly, then continues as a 2D picture, showing 1 frame. If I manually activate 3D on the remote, and then choose 3D SBS, the TV switches to the 2 frame interleaved picture. That is the only time the TV shows that interleaved picture. At that time I can register 3D glasses, which the TV acknowledges, but the glasses also show the interleaved picture; no 3D. If I stop playing that movie, the TV detects that, and switches back to a single frame first, and briefly shows the two frames SBS (not interleaved), before Auto3D detects the change and itself switches back to 2D.

(I'm on the list to receive a beta Glyph headset possibly in December. The Glyph has 2 LED's focusing directly on the retina. Supposed to be fantastic. We'll see. Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avegantglyph/a-mobile-personal-theater-with-built-in-premium-au . the resolution is 1280x720, but viewers still claim a fantastic picture, with no abnormal artifacts. Viewers go ecstatic when watching 3D sources. )

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And 3D from BluRay player is working?

I've read about that really cool Kickstarter project before. Maybe you can post your experiences here when you have one. ;)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you make a picture of your TV in 3D mode. I just wanted to see how this double interleaved images look like.

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
    February 24, 2013
    Home Country
    OK, here are 3 snaps. First is MP playing 3D, with TV having been manually switched to 3DSBS. 2nd is movie stopped, MP switched back to 2D but TV still thinks it is 3D. 3rd is pop up screen menu after pressing the 3D button on the remote. 3D-1.jpg Eh, first time I uploaded photos on here. Goofed something up when I pressed Thumbnails, but they're OK I guess. That's a Bose Cinemate I Soundbar, and below the table is my junkbox. I could get $5-800 for the crap that is in there.
    3D-1.jpg
    3D-2.jpg
    3D-3.jpg
    3D-1.jpg 3D-2.jpg 3D-3.jpg 3D-1.jpg 3D-2.jpg 3D-3.jpg

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Event the first picture is not 3D through the glasses?

It looks like your TV does something strange:

188328_3D-2-mod.jpg

What happens if you do the following:

Turn the Auto3D plugin off. Then start the movie again and switch to 3D mode manually. I know that the MediaPortal GUI will get unreadable then, but what about the movie, is it then displaying 3D as it should?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if you play the SBS movie without turning 3D on, you get 2 pictures that are exactly side by side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom