Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

does anyone have working settings for Samsung F6 Series?
    the commands are working in in the configuration tool, but i don't find a working sequence for watching side by side for example

thx

Hi, did you create and test sequeces?

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes.
    my problem is that they are to fast. and i don't know witch squence works. because after watching 3D the last option is the starting point ...

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes.
    my problem is that they are to fast. and i don't know witch squence works. because after watching 3D the last option is the starting point ...

Ok. There are delays possible. After a command itself or a custom delay.
    Check it in the menu.
    About the sequence and a switching starting point. I solved that on my LG by always going back to the same starting point.
    I mostly use sbs so the starting point is where i am after switching back from sbs mode.
    After over/under it does a switch back from that and then to sbs mode and back.
    That is not normal ofcouse because extra switching is done but the problem is solved then. :)
    Hope it's clear for you.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the last months Auto3D 1.7 was working great with hardware AMD Athlon II X3 450 (3~3,2GHz) and nVidia GT630. Now I have new hardware. INtel J1900 cpu 4~2GHz and onboard INtel graphic (mainboard Asrock Q1900). Great hardware so far. Everything is working great and smooth. But the Auto3D plugin doesn't work.
    When I start a 3D movie the frame rates in the first 1 or 2 seconds seems to be normal 24P. Then the Auto3D plugin shows a hint that the plugin has detected a 3D movie. Further my LCD shows now the screen where I have to choose between TAB or SBS movie mode. From this time on the movie isn't running smooth anymore. I have framerates about 12 frames per seconds (see attached screenshot) and I have about 65% processor load.
    When I start a normal movie in 1080P with 24 framerate I have no problems and about 20% processor load.
    Someone an idea? Attached my logs!
    By the way: I have Samsung LCD 46" F series

Attachments

• 207903_Framerate_Mepo_3D.jpg
      207903_Framerate_Mepo_3D.jpg
      426.5 KB
    Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From the screen shot and the logs I can see, that your GPU is a bit slow. The J1900 seems to be a newer CPU, but it's GPU seems to be a bit outdated.
    The performance comparisons in the web show that it's even slower than the Ivy Bridge GPU.
    In your screen shot the movie has a frame rate of 24Hz. In this case the GPU has up to 41.7ms for one frame. In you case the GPU needs 65.1ms for the frame, which is indeed very slow.

Can you post a framerate screen shot looking at a normal 2D movie?
    I'm just curious about the time per frame.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for answering Marcus Venturi!
    Attached two further screenshots.
    First screenshot shows a normal 2D 1080P movie. The second screenshot shows a 3D movie but with the plugin "Auto3D" DISABLED. When the 3D plugin is disabled the 3D movie is running with "good" framerates.
    Is my CPU and GPU to slow or are there any other issues?

olli14

Attachments

• Framerate_1080P_No 3D.jpg
      Framerate_1080P_No 3D.jpg
      476.5 KB
    • Framerate_1080P_3D_disabled.jpg
      Framerate_1080P_3D_disabled.jpg
      633.9 KB

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Marcus Venturi
    i would like to ask again for the WebOS LG TV 2014er Models.... If you need anything (Logs or whatever) please let me know. I have an 55UB950V and can make some Tests etc...

Thanks! :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In normal operation every frame takes one single blit. In 3D mode I do 2 blits (left/right) into a backbuffer and then blit all to the screen.
    For this purpose I use the DX9 call "StretchRectangle". As the normal blit takes only 4.9ms I assume that this call is slower on your GPU.

Please check if the following hints:

http://www.pvladov.com/2013/01/improve-intel-hd-graphics-performance.html

I remember another user having similar problems some time ago:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-1-6-gui-tv-beamer.116708/page-14#post-982271
    And he had 2 Intel systems, one with frame drops and a similar one without drops. Maybe you could also contact him for further hints...

@Brudertac: I haven't forgotten you. :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great plugin, thank you!!
    I have only one problem. I use FFDshow as my default decoder. SRT subtitles are rendered properly by the plugin only if MPC-HC is selected as subtitle engine in Videos, Subtitle, Select Subtitle Engine. If I select FFDShow engine, subtitles are not processed by the plugin and display on the screen in 2d mode.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will check this, but it will take some time as I'm currently improving the logging to find some TV connection problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom