AutoCropper plugin (1 Viewer)

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
No, crop is just another zoom feature. MP always records the same stream recardless the zoom mode.

What ziphnor meant is that if you calculate crop while commercial it wouldn't be correct for the movie. So he was just giving an example why automatic manual crop while changing channel wouldn't work in general.

Autocrop has already an option for using it with my videos. You can access it from setup plugins.

yes ;-) that is why I wrote "Of course I would use initial crop together with automatic crop so the commercials dont obstruct."

And in my video it really should be an initial manual crop because why I have to press any key every time I launch video?

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think the main point of autocropper was to keep subtitles on screen while cropping. Autocropper can't therefore crop to subtitles correctly in the beginning of the video because subtitles aren't yet displayed.

For other ie cropping to video size would work instantly. What could work little better would be that you'd have an option to have automatic mode of autocropper on only for like one minute after channel activation/change and after that user would access autocropper manually if needed. That way - if not launched during commercials - autocropper would have a decent amount of time to figure out where subtitles are at and keep the CPU load low after that.

Please note that I have no experience how well automatic mode works at the moment. There should be some feature on it so that it would remember subtitle position. Ie if bottom value of cropper is just few lines up from previous value, it would be ignored for specified amount of time. Major increments/decrements on value would be instantly applied. If it'd work like that the above idea could also work.

Even better yet, it could autocrop always before and after commercials, I believe there's some way to determine that at least with Tvserver3? There's the comskip right? I have no clue what so ever how it works though.

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    I think the main point of autocropper was to keep subtitles on screen while cropping....

but we never have subtitles in black bars, so......the option would be appreciated

also would be good to have possibility of the overlap demanded pixels

great plugin

thx

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    but we never have subtitles in black bars, so......the option would be appreciated

But are the black bars the same during commercials as in the movie? I wouldnt expect that to be the case.

My intention is rather to reduce the CPU power used for the auto mode, so it can on continuously without causing problems.

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006

But are the black bars the same during commercials as in the movie? I wouldnt expect that to be the case.

My intention is rather to reduce the CPU power used for the auto mode, so it can on continuously without causing problems.

ok, but automatic cropper would correct it (of course) in demanded seconds, so I think that it would not be fatal. Just make the initial manual crop please optional - not only me really appreciate it :) Because I always have to push f4 after video is started - automatic crop doesnt work in My video immediately - I have to push 3x f4. So would be sufficient if automatic crop works after any video (or TV) is started.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok, but automatic cropper would correct it (of course) in demanded seconds, so I think that it would not be fatal.

Sorry, not quite sure i understand what you mean.

Just make the initial manual crop please optional - not only me really appreciate it :) Because I always have to push f4 after video is started - automatic crop doesnt work in My video immediately - I have to push 3x f4.

First off, assign a remote key to ACTION_AUTOCROP ( not ACTION_AUTOCROP_TOGGLE), then you only have to click once (assuming you set it to be in manual mode per default).

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    also would be good in automatic crop mode when the demanded removing of the cropping by the plugin was quicker than cropping:
    a.e. optional 10 seconds for analyse to remove black bars (crop)
    1 second for analyse the demanded uncrop

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    Sorry, not quite sure i understand what you mean.

ok, Ive tested the latest svn and automatic crop mode works as it should.....but only sometimes. When I resume any *.avi file I have to push 3x f4 so automatic crop finally crop the film

First off, assign a remote key to ACTION_AUTOCROP ( not ACTION_AUTOCROP_TOGGLE), then you only have to click once (assuming you set it to be in manual mode per default).

ok, I know about it but I would like to use mainly automatic mode

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok, Ive tested the latest svn and automatic crop mode works as it should.....but only sometimes. When I resume any *.avi file I have to push 3x f4 so automatic crop finally crop the film

How long did you wait? The AutoCropper uses the smallest cropping within its memory length to determine the crop to apply. So if the memory is 30 seconds(you can check and adjust this value in the setup) and the first frame is a full 4:3 commercial or similar, then it will take 30 seconds of black bars in the movie before the cropper reacts.

When you toggle the autocropper mode from Auto -> Manual -> Off -> Auto, the 'memory' of the autocropper's 'memory' is reset and it crops based on the current image.

The reason for the long memory is that movies that contain dark scenes can potentially fool the autocropper, so it has to consider the history of frames it has seen to make a decision.

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    How long did you wait? The AutoCropper uses the smallest cropping within its memory length to determine the crop to apply. So if the memory is 30 seconds(you can check and adjust this value in the setup) and the first frame is a full 4:3 commercial or similar, then it will take 30 seconds of black bars in the movie before the cropper reacts....

Yes I know about it and I was waiting long enough....strange.

Also would be good ignore change crop which is smaller than a.e. 15 pixels - because of needless blinking screen

and of course would be nice if reload crop (ACTION_AUTOCROP) works in automatic mode

addition: Ive just noticed that the automatic mode causes choppy picture :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom