Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK gone a bit quiet here. Anyone go any feedback?

Will have a little play with a simple interface to do manual grabbing for what is missing if I get chance over the next few weeks

Hi,

The only feedback I can give, is that I don't get any info anywhere, about any artist. Sometimes I get the album numbers, and that's it. So no reviews of albums anywhere. Tried it with avalon skin and defaultwide.

Can I post logs or so?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only feedback I can give, is that I don't get any info anywhere, about any artist. Sometimes I get the album numbers, and that's it. So no reviews of albums anywhere. Tried it with avalon skin and defaultwide.

Can I post logs or so?
    Log might help.

So if you select a folder for an artist then bring up the context menu (i on remote or f9) and select "show artist / album info" what happens?? You should either be taken the artist / album info page if details have been scraped else it will start prompting you to scrape data and will bring up details of what can be scraped (this works in both default skin and avalon)

Avalon is trying to show the album review and artist info on the now playing screen but there appears to be a bug preventing this. I will mention this to the devs.

If you can not see anything then please post logs

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can I post logs or so?
    Log might help.

So if you select a folder for an artist then bring up the context menu (i on remote or f9) and select "show artist / album info" what happens?? You should either be taken the artist / album info page if details have been scraped else it will start prompting you to scrape data and will bring up details of what can be scraped (this works in both default skin and avalon)

Avalon is trying to show the album review and artist info on the now playing screen but there appears to be a bug preventing this. I will mention this to the devs.

If you can not see anything then please post logs

Hi,

I don't get any prompt. I will post some screenshots later on and I will post some logs

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    off top of my head, one i remember it got wrong was a band called 'Gun' it added bio for Guns and Roses

I will check later but I don't think Gun could have been scraped by this plugin.

There are only two attempts to grab atrtists.

First off it sees if allmusic.com goes direct to artist page
    Code:
    http://allmusic.com/search/artist/gun/filter:pop
    goes to a search list rather than an album page so would not be picked up there

The second check goes through the list and if there is only one artist matching with the same name with years active then it picks that. For Gun there are two search results with years active so should not have been picked up there either :confused:

Will do some testing but I think this might not be down to this plugin.

Would appreciate more examples where people have got incorrect matches though

Last night I deleted my music database and rescanned fresh with the latest MPEI version installed and it is definately this plugin that scraped Guns n roses instead of just Gun, It did the same this time round.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Last night I deleted my music database and rescanned fresh with the latest MPEI version installed and it is definately this plugin that scraped Guns n roses instead of just Gun, It did the same this time round.
    Spent ages trying to figure this out.... Right the plugin appears to have scraped the right thing (Guns n Roses are in your collection yes?)

What is going wrong is when the details are displayed for some reason it is searching for some artist info where the artist name starts with the artist :confused: so the first one it obviously finds for Gun is actually Guns n Roses.

This looks like a bug that has always been there. Will make sure this gets fixed

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    yes i do have guns and roses in my collection too., that seems to be the only one its getting wrong for me now.

thanks

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some feedback from me - I have now found out that it seems to be an issue with the avalon skin. I tried default wide (debug mode) and all my artists had info. So for me it seems to work very good.

Are there any corner cases you would like to have tested?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi jameson_uk,

just install frash MP 1.2.1 , ther is any newer MPEI version then " MusicInfoHandler_1.0.0.1_1.2RC" ?

i meanss if you mack any newer version to test for you with frash installation ...

:D

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi jameson_uk,

Any new version to test with ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.