Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a reminder in case you missed this before; the YEAR field always contains zero when using the automated plugin, while using the manual gui version this field is filled as expected.
    Yep forgot about this. Should be fixed in MPEI installer now

Also can you make it not do any online checking unless new items have been added to the DB. For me there will always be a fair few artists/albums that will not be found.
    I will do something. Part of the reason for checking is that the details could be added / updated on allmusic.com allowing a match. If we only scan new stuff it would not pick up anything like this

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK new versions here (this is just to ensure the versions are correct)

missing - adds the missing artist / album logs
    standard - no logs (just to see if this is quicker than missing)
    DEBUG - just has far more logging

Ok the only ones I have left with AND in the artist have no years active so do I have to manually scrape these via the context menu? eg Cliff Richard and the Shadows - no year active but allmusic goes straight to it
    Also will I be able to manually add those that cannot be found or have limited information:D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Ok the only ones I have left with AND in the artist have no years active so do I have to manually scrape these via the context menu? eg Cliff Richard and the Shadows - no year active but allmusic goes straight to it
    Also will I be able to manually add those that cannot be found or have limited information:D

Nothing has changed with the manual way of scraping so you can still do that (although album scraping is a bit rubbish)

The issues with things like Cliff Richard and The Shadows is that in reality this is two artists
    Cliff Richard | AllMusic
    The Shadows | AllMusic
    and the combination is sometimes stored in allmusic.com and sometimes not but never seems to have much info
    Cliff Richard & the Shadows | AllMusic

(also using "and" does not automatically go there (else it would be picked up) you would need to have the tag as "Cliff Richard & The Shadows" for that to happen)

If I ever get time (spent a lot longer on this than I was planning...) I will try and create some sort of GUI which will allow you to list outstanding artist / album info and manually scrape through that (this is another project for another day though)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Extension Installer is returning a 404 error when I try to update this plugin (although it is showing the update as pending).

I have manually updated, using the file on post one of this thread, but you might have a problem with the file on the plugin server.

Robbo100

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Extension Installer is returning a 404 error when I try to update this plugin (although it is showing the update as pending).

I have manually updated, using the file on post one of this thread, but you might have a problem with the file on the plugin server.

Robbo100

Should be fixed I think. Can someone please confirm

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi jay,

interesting plugin, but it doesn't work?! I can't see any info anywhere. Do I have to use a particular skin or so? Using Avalon now.

:D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    interesting plugin, but it doesn't work?! I can't see any info anywhere. Do I have to use a particular skin or so? Using Avalon now.
    You need skin support for it yes. But all skins should have the artist / album info pages setup. If you bring up the context menu on an artist or album folder you will see a show artist / album info option; this will take to you the scraped artist / album info.

Where it is displayed elsewhere in the skin is up to skinners (I thought Avalon had some of this info under the now playing screen? indeed had a quick check and the album review should be shown under the album info tab on music now playing)

edit: but had a quick play and it appears there is a bug in the skin that prevents this showing (the artist / album info via the context menu works ok though)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK gone a bit quiet here. Anyone go any feedback?

Will have a little play with a simple interface to do manual grabbing for what is missing if I get chance over the next few weeks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom