Automated Artist / Album Scraping (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It looks and works well in GUI, but no artists with "The", "and" or "&" get any results. Also, while I get a result for "Dust Brothers", it's not removed from the list of artists that miss information. All other artists being scraped successfully are removed from the list.

Emph

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It looks and works well in GUI, but no artists with "The", "and" or "&" get any results. Also, while I get a result for "Dust Brothers", it's not removed from the list of artists that miss information. All other artists being scraped successfully are removed from the list.

Emph
    I'm getting similar with a lot of "The" Artists and when manually searched it gets the info straight away, i.e. no choices.
    Examples The Small Faces, The Village People. Otherwise an excellent addition, thank you Jameson_UK

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK another update.
    This seems to be working pretty well but needs some testing (Currently only the Titan skin file is there but if anyone wants to make one for any other skin feel free and I can add it)

To get better results requires a fix (http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4258)
    Attached is a binary that attempts to address those issues. You can rename databases.dll in your MP program files directory and replace it with this one and it should do the job (feedback on that please)

I am particularly interested in things like artists / albums with characters in their name, containing "&" or "and"

Attachments

• MusicInfoHandler_1.0.7.0.mpe1
      14.8 KB
    • Databases.zip
      136.7 KB

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK another update.
    This seems to be working pretty well but needs some testing (Currently only the Titan skin file is there but if anyone wants to make one for any other skin feel free and I can add it)

To get better results requires a fix (http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4258)
    Attached is a binary that attempts to address those issues. You can rename databases.dll in your MP program files directory and replace it with this one and it should do the job (feedback on that please)

I am particularly interested in things like artists / albums with characters in their name, containing "&" or "and"
    I've followed the procedure and am getting the following error in log
    2013-03-08 09:55:21.949496 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599
    2013-03-08 09:56:33.316578 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599
    Have I not done it correctly?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I've followed the procedure and am getting the following error in log 2013-03-08 09:55:21.949496 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599 2013-03-08 09:56:33.316578 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599 Have I not done it correctly?
    Just something silly in MP. This is of no consequence to how it works. Will sort that though

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've followed the procedure and am getting the following error in log 2013-03-08 09:55:21.949496 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599 2013-03-08 09:56:33.316578 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 101599 Have I not done it correctly?
    Just something silly in MP. This is of no consequence to how it works. Will sort that though
    Thank you
    A much better result with artists with "and" in the name, only 3 not found and they can't be found manually either, great job.
    Haven't got any with & but could alter some and test if no-one else can test

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I moved all my music to my new NAS, so I had to completely redo the entire music database which gives me a nice opportunity to properly test this. ;) Some artists that don't work (No artist found) when I browse my music and select Show Artist/Album info:

The Ark
    The Glove
    India Arie
    Musiq Soulchild
    Only If You Call Me Jonathan
    The Prodigy
    The Roots
    The Smiths
    The Velvet Underground

If I use the Plugin menu in TITAN, I (wrongfully) still see The Dust Brothers in the Missing Album Artists list, however, if I do another manual update for them in that screen, the entry disappears.

Cheers
    Emph

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I moved all my music to my new NAS, so I had to completely redo the entire music database which gives me a nice opportunity to properly test this. ;) Some artists that don't work (No artist found) when I browse my music and select Show Artist/Album info:

The Ark
    The Glove
    India Arie
    Musiq Soulchild
    Only If You Call Me Jonathan
    The Prodigy
    The Roots
    The Smiths
    The Velvet Underground

These all appear to have multiple values on allmusic so the plugin can't tell which one is correct.

If I try to get info manually for The Smiths or The Prodigy it gives me two options

The Smiths - Pop/Rock - 1980s
    The Smiths - Stage & Screen - 2010s

The Prodigy - Electronic 1990s - 2010s
    The Prodigy - Rap 1990s - 2010s

Selecting the appropriate one from the dialog box does scrape the correct info. Are you saying this is not working?

If I use the Plugin menu in TITAN, I (wrongfully) still see The Dust Brothers in the Missing Album Artists list, however, if I do another manual update for them in that screen, the entry disappears.
    This is a feature of the MP scraping that needs fixing. The code inside the plugin is slightly different to the code used when scraping the info via the context menu in the music section. So you are saying that this worked correctly in the plugin but not via the context menu in music section?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If I try to get info manually for The Smiths or The Prodigy it gives me two options

The Smiths - Pop/Rock - 1980s
    The Smiths - Stage & Screen - 2010s

The Prodigy - Electronic 1990s - 2010s
    The Prodigy - Rap 1990s - 2010s

Selecting the appropriate one from the dialog box does scrape the correct info. Are you saying this is not working?

Yes, I get "No artist found".

So you are saying that this worked correctly in the plugin but not via the context menu in music section?

In the music section, I get the correct result. When I then go to the Plugin menu for this plugin, I see Dust Brothers listed in the Album artists that are not found even though they were in the music section. However, when I do a search in from this screen, Dust Brothers are no longer appearing in the list of not found artists. In the previous plugin verisions, the Dust Brothers were found in this screen, but were somehow "stuck in limbo" at this screen - the search did get a positive result, but they album artist remained flagged as "not found". So this at least seems to be fixed. ;)

Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom