Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello I have a probloem with multiple artist. When a titel has multiple artist the artist isn't found by your plugin. For example the Album 18 Months from Calvin Harris has a lot of multiple artists. This is for example the "Song We found love". It has Calvin Harris and Rihanna as an Artist. In the Id-Tag (Interpret) I have store the multiple Artist in this form: "Calvin Harris; Rihanna".

Is this a probloem for the Plugin ?
    It is just not designed for multiple values. That said, the album info is based on the album artist tag not the artist tag. What album artist is set for this album?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    What happens with Samplers then (which always have a lot of different artists)?
    They should be tagged with an album artist of "various artists" and each track tagged with the relevant artists.
    Compilations and samplers like this tend not to be on allmusic.com anyway so there is nothing to scrape.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Woo a GUI, nearly filled in all my missing gaps now.

Of course I have a feature request though :)

Would be great to be able to preview the artist/album info before applying it to the database, searching many artists fetches multiple entries with very little info
    Artist name - Genre - Years
    but often there are multiples with the same information and you have to just go with pot luck on wether you pick the correct one, if you don't you are then stuck with either the wrong info or no info.

I guess an alternative could be to have a filter in the GUI for artist that do have info and the ability to rescan them and over write the current database info.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I guess an alternative could be to have a filter in the GUI for artist that do have info and the ability to rescan them and over write the current database info.
    Any of these can be refreshed via the GUI and you can then choose an alternative.
    The issues I guess with doing this automatically is where you draw the line. I have seen some that have a Years Active, others with Genres, others with a single line bio.

One option I do want to implement (at some indeterminate time in the future) is that when you select an artist because it can't be scraped automatically that it then offers (or possibly automatically) tries to match all albums by that artist. Eg. The Pretenders did not match and I have several albums, it was a pain have to choose each one and then select the right artist.

There are a few other fixes and improvements on how this is handled coming in 1.4 (nothing major but a few tweaks)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Any of these can be refreshed via the GUI and you can then choose an alternative.
    The issues I guess with doing this automatically is where you draw the line. I have seen some that have a Years Active, others with Genres, others with a single line bio.

One option I do want to implement (at some indeterminate time in the future) is that when you select an artist because it can't be scraped automatically that it then offers (or possibly automatically) tries to match all albums by that artist. Eg. The Pretenders did not match and I have several albums, it was a pain have to choose each one and then select the right artist.

There are a few other fixes and improvements on how this is handled coming in 1.4 (nothing major but a few tweaks)

You mean refreshed from the standard MP popup?
    Once you have selected an artist info from the missing ones in your plugin GUI they no longer appear in the list of missing artists so cant refresh them from there.

I did try to refresh a couple artists using the standard MP version but I found it deleted the artist image if no info was found for the artist, a lot of my images I've added manually and don't want them deleted.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I did try to refresh a couple artists using the standard MP version but I found it deleted the artist image if no info was found for the artist, a lot of my images I've added manually and don't want them deleted.
    Umm it should not do that.... let me check

edit: OK looks like this is one of the things I have fixed for 1.4
    If you try one of the recent last.fm or music player builds in Area51 they should be included and it will work a little better (A new build will be coming very soon)

Last edited:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello I have a probloem with multiple artist. When a titel has multiple artist the artist isn't found by your plugin. For example the Album 18 Months from Calvin Harris has a lot of multiple artists. This is for example the "Song We found love". It has Calvin Harris and Rihanna as an Artist. In the Id-Tag (Interpret) I have store the multiple Artist in this form: "Calvin Harris; Rihanna".

Is this a probloem for the Plugin ?
    It is just not designed for multiple values. That said, the album info is based on the album artist tag not the artist tag. What album artist is set for this album?

Hello, for the album artist I had set only one artist Calvin Harris.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!
    I hope this is the right place to post this question.

As you can see in the attached pictures: I can get artist and album information when I do Context-Menu and get artist/album information.
    Infos Album&Interpret.jpg

My problem is that i dont get these informations on "Now Playing"
    Now Playing - Artist Information.jpg Now Playing - Album Information.jpg
    I have the MusicInfoHandler (latest version) installed...

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks!

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No idea? Maybe it's a problem of the titan skin?
    Noone who can give me a hint...???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom