Automatically start/stop your Yamaha AVR with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Just tried this and although it switches my amp off (RX-V673) it doesn't seem to want to turn it on for some reason.

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Just tried this and although it switches my amp off (RX-V673) it doesn't seem to want to turn it on for some reason.
Have you enabled the Network Standby on your Receiver? This only works if this function is switched on and the receiver waits for commands in standby

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
I haven't shall try it now...

Works! thanks! Now to work out how to make it switch off when I shutdown my htpc...

Good to hear :)
I have never trie this, but according to some pages you need to put a script in this folder o_O
%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown

AdmiralRaccoon

Portal Member
November 22, 2011
Hi, I stumbled over this threat when I was searching exactly for something like this.
I wonder if it´s possible add the functionality to set an specific Input channel (AV1, AV2, etc) when starting up?

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,

It is definitely possible. Basically everything you can do in the Smartphone App can be send as a command to the Receiver. Actually I wanted to create a plugin for MP to control all those actions put I could not find the time. The SOAP request you want to send for setting the input looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel>AV1</Input_Sel></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

Terra

nabbwp

May 2, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi Terra,

I have tried your script for turn on my Yamaha V481 receiver and it worked with minor changing but it is not working for turning off my amp??

Could you please help me.

I have feeling that I am missing something there.

Please check the files attached.

Thanks,
Nabeel

Attachments

• Script.rar
    1.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom