Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel (3 Viewers)

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, please, don't talk about an example of UI for my side, as explained before, it was just a "proof of concept".
Even if my UI helped you, I'm happy but, it will not be a "major" thing to help decision.
What we need is, entire clear code you propose (for treatment and UI) then, Team will discuss about it, see if it's useful or not for worldwide people, etc... and finally decide if it could be integrated or not.

BTW, THX for all your work ! (y)

Well, please, don't talk about an example of UI for my side, as explained before, it was just a "proof of concept".
:censored: over 18's only...

Ok @framug . I had a brain wave/fart and realised I don't need much UI. Just a switch. Maybe 2.
I don't get the chance to work in .NET but its fun and games so an enjoyable experience.

I need to 'pull request' into my shiny new MediaPortal GIT repo. GitHub wanted to complete a full clone - which I thought was wasteful.
Do I really have to clone ?

I need to get back into this as the trail is running cold.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I need to 'pull request' into my shiny new MediaPortal GIT repo. GitHub wanted to complete a full clone - which I thought was wasteful.
    Do I really have to clone ?
    Hello,
    For what you want to make, you need settings.
    This settings need to be integrated in MediaPortal/TVEngine setup/scan part.
    Then, clone is mandatory otherwise, you will not be able to compile...

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Master branch on vapoureyes/mediaportal
    Should contain the changed /MediaPortal-1.25.3/TvEngine3/TVLibrary/SetupTv/Sections/CardDvbT.cs

It does not include the UI changes and it defaults to 'On'. Its for testing, though I am not sure who can ?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Its for testing, though I am not sure who can ?
    Although my aerial points at the Rowridge transmitter, the Hannington transmitter is almost exactly aligned in the opposite direction, and my aerial picks up a reduced signal from that direction.

I have a Humax DVR whose tuner is sensitive enough to receive the MUXes from Rowridge plus 1-2 MUXes from Hannington, but I think that the TBS tuner in my HTPC is not as sensitive. Nevertheless, if you post a DLL that includes your changes, I will try tuning Hannington to see if I can receive anything.

Even if my HTPC cannot receive a signal from Hannington, there may be others following this thread who live in borderline areas, and can receive usable signals from multiple transmitters, so it is still worthwhile posting the changed DLL(s).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    @vapourEyes : Sorry, just see your PM right now, I have personal problems so, I will be here less than usual.

Even if my HTPC cannot receive a signal from Hannington, there may be others following this thread who live in borderline areas, and can receive usable signals from multiple transmitters, so it is still worthwhile posting the changed DLL(s).
    @CyberSimian : It's not a problem but, I just want you know, if TVLibrary.dll DLL is posted, you will loose signal strength modifications for your 2000i card. ;)

C.U.

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    I have an exe I have been using here for a while. Its compatible with 1.25 Summer 2020 Edition - running here.
    If you are happy I can share that and you can test by just running it - though it must be copied to the same folder as the original and given a different name.
    Here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\

I shortcut link it to the desktop for easy access. That way to test you dont install anything and dont affect an existing installation. (y)
    It also enables you to compare.

Good luck - may the force be with you !:LOL:

1593350847338.png

Is the reported version - easily separating it from the current 1.25.n version.

zip and 7z...

Name: SetupTv - Copy.exe
    Size: 1174528 bytes (1147 KiB)
    SHA256: 7E78EADB0538B624DFE679A949F2850FA48DFBF8C845A487C395099115F29B5F

Attachments

• SetupTv - Copy.7z
      440.4 KB
    • SetupTv - Copy.zip
      539.9 KB
    Last edited:

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    @vapourEyes : Sorry, just see your PM right now, I have personal problems so, I will be here less than usual.

@CyberSimian : It's not a problem but, I just want you know, if TVLibrary.dll DLL is posted, you will loose signal strength modifications for your 2000i card. ;)

C.U.
    Thanks @framug - 200% noted... hope you're good as gold soon !

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have an exe I have been using here for a while.
    Umm, well there is bad news, and there is worse news. :(

(1) First I selected one of my TBS tuners and used the old scanner to scan the Hannington transmitter for channels. Sadly, it did not find any :(. I suspected that this might be the case, as my TBS tuners are less sensitive than the tuners in my Humax DVR. That is the bad news.

(2) To verify that the new scanner nevertheless works correctly, I copied the exe to the appropriate MP folder, and then invoked the exe. Windows Firewall displayed a pop-up asking me if I wanted to allow access, to which I responded "Yes".

I then performed a scan of the Rowridge transmitter. The scanner should find 6 MUXes with channels in all of them. This is what it actually found:

new_scanner.jpg

Notice that the scanner finds channels for MUXes 2 and 4, but find no channels for MUXes 1, 3, 5, and 6. (n)
    I restarted the new "TV Server Config" and scanned again, but the result was the same. :(

I then reverted to the old scanner and rescanned. This is what the old scanner found; notice that the old scanner finds channels for all 6 of the MUXes:

old_scanner.jpg

So I think that there is a problem with your changes. Notice that I was using the Enable channel movement detection setting. I always use this setting because:
    • It preserves the channel renames that I have performed.
    • It preserves the "omit from EPG" status that I have set for the channels that I don't want.
    • It preserves any existing recording schedules for the channels that I do want.
    Have you perhaps been testing without that setting enabled?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    I do indeed not use the movement detection switch.
    I will get some more work done.

The good news is you were easily able to test and compare ! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom