Autoplay stopped working (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Autoplay is no longer working for me in MP1, when I load a CD I get the Win 10 notification but it does not play. No problem from the desktop with either WMP or VLC selected as players.
    Not sure when it happened, possibly with the upgrade to 1.13, although I know it can work because all is OK on my Desktop PC. Same problem also with DVDs but .iso BDs work fine from Moving Pictures.
    The attached log includes an attempt to play a CD, timing as follows:-
    08:20 Start MP
    08:21 Load CD (MP - (Autoplay set to Play) No playback
    O8:22 Unload CD, change MP Autoplay setting to "ask what to do"
    08:23 Load CD - No playback, no ask menu
    08:24 Manually select Music and CD- Plays OK
    08:25 Stop play and Exit MP

I did note the error in the log but I'm not sure if it is significant or relavent to this problem, please let me know.

Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya joecrow

Thanks for reporting. :)

For a start, it looks like your MP-TVSeries database is corrupted:
    [collapse]
    [2016-01-12 08:20:34,486] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    [2016-01-12 08:20:34,505] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2016-01-12 08:20:34,509] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2016-01-12 08:20:34,513] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2016-01-12 08:20:34,516] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:[/collapse]

Could you please fix that, then use the watchdog with option 1 (plugins disabled) and let us know if it makes any difference.

Also, can you please confirm if autoplay works with the virtual drive (G:).

Regards,
    mm

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No luck with the DB fix process so have uninstalled MP TV Series and deleted the .db (also backup) and everything else with the name MP TV Series. I will reinstall later and hopefully all will be clean.
    Attached is the log using option 1 timing as follows:-

12:40 Start Watchdog mode 1 -MP starts with Titan skin
    12:42 Load CD -no playback
    12:43 Unload CD and close MP

If I select a video .iso in Videos it does auto mount and play on Drive G

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I probably should have mentioned that I am using the V3 core on this PC.:oops:

Regards
    Joe

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000

Hi again, any insight yet from the latest logs? I have reinstalled MP TV Series and it is running much better (config starts much quicker) but autoplay is still not working.

Regards
    Joe

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To be clear: when you say "load CD", you mean that you are inserting a physical CD into drive F: right? (Not mounting an ISO with drive G:)
    If yes, I'm stumped. There's nothing in the logs to indicate that MP is getting any notification that a CD has been inserted.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be clear: when you say "load CD", you mean that you are inserting a physical CD into drive F: right?

Yes I am inserting a physical CD into drive F:
    As mentioned earlier I do get a notification that the disc is online from Win 10, AnyDVD sees it and scans it (when enabled, normally AnyDVD is only active for Drive G:) and it will autoplay from the desktop to both WMP or VLC.
    So why is MP not seeing it :confused: and more to the point, what can I do/try to correct it? Uninstall/re-install MP 1.13?:eek:
    All advice much appreciated
    Joe

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So why is MP not seeing it :confused: and more to the point, what can I do/try to correct it? Uninstall/re-install MP 1.13?:eek:
    If I knew the answers to this question I'd have already given it. I feel out of my depth...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000
    I tried a full uninstall of MP and then a new clean install of 1.13 but the autoplay still did not work. What did fix it though was a clean reinstall of Win 10 and MP 1.13. I then restored all the MP settings and plugins with MP Backup and the autoplay continued to work:). So problem solved, one I think can be put down to Win 10(n) but many thanks for the help anyway.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Autoplay has stopped working again, seems to be exactly the same as previously reported.:( Over the last few months I have updated and reinstalled MP1 multiple times as part of the testing of the version with madvr and I lost autoplay somewhere along the line. Most recently I did a full uninstall/reinstall of 1.15 but it made no difference and I currently have a stable setup after adding Owlsroost HEVC package to play the new German DVBT2 HD channels.

I have a sneaking feeling that the problem could have re-appeared following a hardware change with a Windows 10 clean install and my reassigning of the drive letter of the optical disk drive. I removed a redundant hard disk which meant the optical drive letter no longer matched the one in my MP1 backup settings so to avoid having to change everything in MP I set the drive letter in Windows Disk Manager to match.:sneaky: Is it possible that on initial install MP1 sets the optical drive in concrete such that subsequent hardware/drive letter changes kill of the autoplay since it no longer recognizes disk as an optical drive? That is just a thought but clearly I am not the only one with this problem, it has been reported regularly over the years, so something ain't right.
    Any thoughts and suggestions for a fix, short of a further Win 10 clean install would be most welcome.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom