Autoplay stopped working (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was just writing a detailed reply to explain why I think the problem had nothing to do with MP when I noticed something new.

In order for MP to trigger auto-playing Windows must send a WM_DEVICECHANGE message, as per documentation. Normally that message should be logged. I already said that I don't see that message in your log files. What I didn't see was this:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Portal.Application/MediaPortal.cs#L1612-L1617

In other words: the message is ignored if you enable the MP option "Keep MediaPortal fullscreen mode (don't rely on windows resolution change)" in MP Config -> General section -> Startup/Resume Settings sub-section.

The log files show that you have enabled that option:
    <entry name="keepstartfullscreen">yes</entry>

So, that's at least one reason why your auto-play is not working. IMHO it's a really bad idea to ever enable that option. If you decide to enable it then you will lose auto-play.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Portal.Application/MediaPortal.cs#L1612-L1617

In other words: the message is ignored if you enable the MP option "Keep MediaPortal fullscreen mode (don't rely on windows resolution change)" in MP Config -> General section -> Startup/Resume Settings sub-section.

The log files show that you have enabled that option:
    <entry name="keepstartfullscreen">yes</entry>

So, that's at least one reason why your auto-play is not working. IMHO it's a really bad idea to ever enable that option. If you decide to enable it then you will lose auto-play.

I did ideed have that option set or, I assume its 1.15 equivalent, ("Ignore windows resolution/size changes in fullscreen mode") not sure why but once I unchecked it:-
    Autoplay is working again.:) Super well spotted, many thanks.(y):)(y)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I assume its 1.15 equivalent, ("Ignore windows resolution/size changes in fullscreen mode")
    Correct.

not sure why
    Perhaps to avoid issues with HDMI and display resolution changes?
    This is definitely an option that should not be enabled unless there is no other possible solution.

Autoplay is working again.:) Super well spotted, many thanks.(y):)(y)
    Great, and you're very welcome - any time! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom