Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
AllenConquest said:
Did you get this in previous versions ?

No, it just happens with the new one.

By the way, I've noticed that the dll you made is smaller than the one of smirnoff. Why? Maybe there could be the answer. :?:

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Unless Allen has added any quantity of code I hazard a guess that the differences in file size are down to Hawkeye using one of the ealier version, most of which created their own thread in which it could wait while MP initialized and then start My TV. This was later changed to use a thread from thread pool (the change occured quite a while ago) and this is how its being done in the source that Allen is working off.

Allen, I haven't had time to look at the issue you mentioned yet, sorry.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I've not added an new code, just changed the XmlReader package and recompiled.

Another thing that annoys me is that it's difficult to get to the TV Guide. MP could do with it being added to the context menu. But I'm also wondering if it would be better to go to the My TV screen before going fullscreen. Then when you press ESC you would be back in My TV and be able to access the TV Guide a bit easier.

I'm just thinking out loud, so feel free to chip in with suggestions...

A

Anonymous

Great Plugin... Bug same problems

Hi,

Great job creating this plugin.
However I find that once auto starts Live TV and then come back one menu screen loses the color.
Once in a while it crashes the media portal leaving the TV working but no acces to menus.

But still a great job....

Adias

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I'm going to change this plugin so that there is a configuration screen. At least you'll be able to turn if off and on easily that way.

However, I'd like some ideas of what you want to be able to configure. It was suggested that the ability to play a video would be nice, but how would you select which video to play ?

Allen

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I have reworked the plugin so that it now has a configuration screen. Just downaload from here and copy the DLL into the Plugins\Process directory as before, but now go into the Configuration program to enable the MyBackgroundTV plugin. Once enabled you can go into the setup to change what you want it to do at startup.

I can't guarentee that it will work 100%, but it seems much better for me.

If someone wants to suggest a new name for this plugin feel free. As it expands it's encompassing more than just TV switching.

Have a play and send me some feedback/requests.

Enjoy :lol:

Allen

A

Anonymous

Some issues

Hi Allen

Nice Job...

It seems that
- SlideShow
- My Weather
- My Guide

Working OK (just cant select what directorie of pictures do i want to play)

My TV - Not tested (dont have tuner in this pc)
Audio CD - didnt have a audio cd to test :(
My Video - not working (last played video not playing or any video at all).

I sugest some names for the plugin:
- "MyFirstPlay"
- "MPFirstAction"
- "MyFirstMPAction"

and so on!!

Best regards
Goahead

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Great job, Allen.

I checked TV and it works wonderful. But where can I set the channel??

How about "Autostart" as name?

Hawkeye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom