autotune problem (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

hello,

i installed the latest cvs built from 3.oct and tried to use the new autotune feature...

the problem is: the channels are scanned and you see the program, but the channels don't seem to be recognized, so they aren't stored. i am using a hauppauge wintv go-fm.

please help!

thx boudjere

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
You first have to import the channels from your tvguide.xml. Then you start the autoscan. Whenever a channel is found, click the right entry on the right side and then click "map".

A

Anonymous

thx for the fast answer.

i've importet the channels and started autotune after that. the thing is, autotune does not stop when a channel is found, so i don't have any chance to map the channels...

maybe this is a bug?

A

Anonymous

This also happens to me. The software that came with my card waits longer than MP to check the signal strength.
ie. In MP it scans all channels in about 2 seconds, but in the supplied crap software it takes about 40 secs.

MissSophie

Portal Member
July 16, 2004
Same story

Yep, unfortunately I have the same problem ( I live in the netherlands as well). The autotune feature scans the correct frequency band and you can see all the channels pass by rather quickly, but it doesn't stop at any channel at all (cvs build 3-10-2004, and a hauppauge wintv go).

A

Anonymous

I Live in the netherlaqnds as well. (maybe a dutch topic might be more conveniant)
Anyway, I'm having the same problem. So first how do I get tvguide.xml to work, when I clik on that button it says that it can not find tvguide.xml.
And second how can the other problem of autotune be fixed?

Greetz from Joril

A

Anonymous

hi there,
Live in holland as well and for the TV Channels I never used the Autotune on MP.. I got PVR 350 and here is what I did:

Got the TV via UPC
Got to upc.nl and print out the PDF pae with all the TV channels and Radio Channels and ALL their frequencies
Enter the channels manually on MP with the frenquecies as per the PDF print out form UPC..

This means 100% accurate, no autotuning and TV and Radio is done onces and and for all..

You do not need to autotunie each time a new version of PM comes in..

Hope this help!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From what I have seen before on the forums in the past its a known issue with tuning channels in Holland for some reason.
    You'll have to tune manually.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

ok what is an PVR 350 ???

And when I autotune not all dutch channels are shown. I get only about 7 channels, my tv scans about 35. Any Idea what the problem is?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes happens on the PVR350 and other tuners too.
    Best bet is to get the mux and frequency information from the internet and set these manually.

DMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom