autotune problem (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Joril
PVR 350 is the TV Tuner card from Hauppage and it comes wiFM as well.

As I said, the best thing to do is to manually enter the channels and frequencies in the MP Config. If you have UPC you can get all of them from their site and I am sure you can get the list of channels and frequencies from your provider if other than UPC..

I got the frequencies for where I live on http://www.upc.nl/frequencies_select.php
Take a look and maybe you can get yours from there as well :)
Good Luck

A

Anonymous

well I did enter the frequenties (provided by my local cablecompany)manualy and it worked for a grand total of 1 out of the 10 channels I tried... I think it is a software problem. Not especially mediaportal itself, maybe I need an other videocodec, does anyone know where to find one for free, because I'm defently not paying 45 euro (each) for the progams this site recommands!

A

Anonymous

Hauppage WinTV 878

I have a Hauppage WinTV 878 and I've had the same problem... Channels aren't autodetecting frequencies. The frequency and channels are shown in the autotune process the first time I run it. Manually entering the frequencies work fine but this seems trivial when the TV Tuner Setup can view the frequency when channeling up and down. Any suggestions on auto mapping these frequencies? I'm in the US so I don't believe it's a problem in the Netherlands only.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Joril,
    besides autotune having been fixed currently and thus you having a buggy version autotune will not work correctly in the netherlands.

The netherlands use channels like 10+ or 9-- NOT full channel # like 10 or 9.
    Autotuning can only scan full channels like 9, 10, 12.
    So Autotune will scan to 9 but will not see the channel on 9-- and it will skip to the next one.

Manual tuning should work 100%.
    Set your country code and then add the channels to the list.
    enter channel nr (9-- will become 9) and enter the frequency used for that channel.

Works 100%

A

Anonymous

very strange as I could enter all channels manually and nothing wrong with that ..ever

Anyway, for users in Holland apparently this is a known issue with PVR cards and there is Web Site with how to deal with that.. just found it:
    http://www.prize.nl/software/freqcopy/

It explains how to solve this and there is a piece of software that comes with it. Apparently this site is for dutch PVR users for that specific issue and good Web Site to bookpmark!

Hope this helps!!

N

NeXS

Hi all...

I have the same problem on versions 0.1.0.0 to 0.1.0.3 (not tested before 0.1)

I use an ATI Tv Wonder VE, channel list for Canada (Quebec).

when auto tuning, channels does not stop so I cannot map them.

This happened once: Channels where stopping and the behaviour of auto tuning seamed correct, but when I finished mapping all 127 channels, and pressed ok, all my settings where ignored...

Hope this will help identifying the problem...

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    Joril,
    besides autotune having been fixed currently and thus you having a buggy version autotune will not work correctly in the netherlands.

The netherlands use channels like 10+ or 9-- NOT full channel # like 10 or 9.
    Autotuning can only scan full channels like 9, 10, 12.
    So Autotune will scan to 9 but will not see the channel on 9-- and it will skip to the next one.

Manual tuning should work 100%.
    Set your country code and then add the channels to the list.
    enter channel nr (9-- will become 9) and enter the frequency used for that channel.

Works 100%

Well what if this does not work? I have entered the channels in de config. but still only one channel comes through (witch means my conexant 2388 videocard) works. So why doesnt it show all channels??? does anyone have any idea??

A

Anonymous

Hey people, I just wanted to let you know that I managed to set all channels. Although not quite the way you all suggested. The frequencies and channels provided by my cable company don't match the frequencies witch the channels come trough. So I just tried all possible channels from 001 - 301 and I managed to find all the channels that are available in Holland.

a1jatt

Portal Member
    April 1, 2006
    I dont know if it has been fixed in the new version or not.. i was playing around with previos version (.18 i beleive ).. when you scan the channels it does not give you the correct pid's ( video and auido packet id ) for a channel... then when it tries to validate a channel it fails and hence it does not add the channel to the database. It is one of the directx filter that is the problem. i tried to debug it then i forgot about it and i dont have access to the newer visual studio .. and the newer verison is compiled with vs 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom