Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (3 Viewers)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It might make no sense to have the "All" as the default view but when the previous behaviour has been to return to to the series and episode you was previously watching I never needed to look for an alternative way of getting to that position any quicker as it worked.

I never even knew about adding it to favourites as again I had no need but now appreciate how it can be used, so thanks for that. It works a treat as we can now add our current series we are watching to that view list :)

Recently added view would not help in the above situation as the Shameless episodes are not recent and thus do not get listed as required.

PS - I would still like to adjust the clock for a 12hr setting if possible :)

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Avallonis (An Avalon MOD)

When I am using this skin I have noticed that when I browse the TV seies I have, in list view, I get each of the episodes noted for a given series but no plot synopsis displayed. Next toeach episode in the lsit there is the "i"icon sybolising, I assume, that further information is possible. But that just allows me to change views and aspect ratio etc.

If I change to another skin, Default Wide for example, the program synopsis is there for each episode.

Is there something which could be changed to enable this episode synopsis to be shown...?

Thanks

A click to the right worked fine vor me. Episode discription and screencaps appear. Or you can simply turn off this feature off.

Hi TheBatfink,

You can hide the rss feed and also weather in basichome. Goto Settings and then Skin Settings and finally Misc.

About installing the MOD you are referring to. I think it will break the navigation in this skin. Sorry.

cheers
    cul8er

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Noticed a couple more things.. I think this is part of the skin as the imdb+.xml is located inside the Avallonis skin folder so I presume you bundled it..

- When inside the IMDB+ plugin, if you show the hidden menu and then goto IMDB+ Info (for settings and to check versions etc which I have just done because a new version just got released) nothing happens ie no screen loads up it just sits on the menu..

Also, can AValon and Avallonis co-exist? I just changed my skin from inside MePo using the settings menu (to see if the above menu item would work in AValon) and..

- Once the skin loads and I 'previous screen' back to the homescreen menu.. The up down controls do not work like they are some how bound to the left right navigation of Avallonis. Also entering on homescreen menu items wouldn't work? I had to forcibly close MePo and change skin in the config.

Thanks!

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    ...ah that is why my IMDB+ would not update to the latest scraper when trying to do it as noted above.!?

Thankfully it is now updated

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    ...ah that is why my IMDB+ would not update to the latest scraper when trying to do it as noted above.!?

I just posted in the IMDB+ thread. For the life of me I can't get it to update. How did you sort it exactly?

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

I just posted in the IMDB+ thread. For the life of me I can't get it to update. How did you sort it exactly?

I switched to the Streamed MP skin to update the scraper. But if you look at the Media Portal Extension installer there is a plugin called something like plugin updater or something like that. I installed that and then from the MP GUI I selected Plugins and then scrolled to that plugin updater and then selected the IMDB+ and changed the default when to check for updates to every startup. Then when restarting MP it told me that the Scraper had been updated.

I too have been posting in that thread you noted, along with some more detail.

I have gone back to the Avallonis skin after the Scraper update so I assume all will be well until that plugin needs to be updated again with a new scraper.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The IMDb+ plugin would still do its job no matter what the skin does.

Skin only controls the visual part, but the plugin would still do the technical stuff. It's a very basic single skin-file as well, so it should not be hard to implement the current version. I really need to get skin documentations done, but the Default/DefaultWide included skin file(s) should be easy to understand and duplicable for interested skin developers.

What happens is that IMDb+ plugin checks periodically on the Google code server if a new version of the IMDb+ scraper-script is released and will install it into MovingPictures if a new one is found. By default this is done once every 24 hours, which normally is more then enough.

Via IMDb+ plugin hidden menu you can adjust the 'Settings' of IMDb+ plugin if the MPEI Extensions GUI plugin is installed (named 'Extensions' with current version of v1.0.5.163), which allows couch control of MediaPortal plugins and was used to control IMDb+ settings instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

For those in need, there is the option to check for IMDb+ scraper-script updates on startup as well, and you can adjust the periodic interval to 6, 12, 24 hours and 2, 3, 4 or 7 days.

Finally feeling much better after being sick last couple of weeks, so once I'm caught up on all the other stuff that stacked up, I'm going to rewrite the IMDb+ wiki to better explain each option and cover multiple usage and install scenarios. Until then feel free to ask in the IMDb+ thread(s).

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    translation is missing:
    <string Field="LatestPictures">Seneste billeder</string>

Translation is also missing in New/Unwatched in series submenu.

please add those :)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Anyone noticed lastest series go away. It just an empty screen with title, but when moving down into series submenu they are showed again.

And the the two newest posters are Alcatraz for me, but text says some different series for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom